“Small rooms, but no problems”
Review of Motel 6 Moses Lake

Motel 6 Moses Lake
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Moses Lake
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My stay was perfectly comfortable. This is a typical Motel 6: cheap, clean, unappointed rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stopped by here in our Labor weekend. We chose it because of the value and we didn´t expect anything special. There is a pool, a laundry, TV, Wifi, microwave and those things that fortunately become familiar to me when I stay in these sort of motels.

Our room was clean but for some reason I still have the doubt whether they changed the bed sheets or not as they were very wrinkled as if somebody were laying over them.

The area is boring so plan this place just as a logistic stop in your way to somewhere else. A Gas Station at 150 feet far will provide you with food and urgent needs if you arrive late night. In office hours there is a grocery store at walking distance. Close enough to the I-90 but far enough to avoid the road noise (thanks!)

Room Tip: Ask for those facing the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marchador
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I recently stayed at this Motel 6 in Moses Lake even after reading all the negative reviews because it was the cheapest place I could find. You'd think it was the Bate's Motel or something!! We just needed somewhere to stop in the middle of a trip to rest up for a few hours. We checked in after midnight and were greeted by a very friendly staff member who was more than happy to have us. The room was perfect for what we needed. The beds were clean and comfortable and even had some quirky Motel 6 themed bedspreads!! The bathroom was clean and pretty spacious. The tv channels weren't much but there was free wifi which is great. For the price I'd say this hotel is the perfect place for anyone looking for a cheap, clean, friendly place to stay without all the expensive bells and whistles of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2009

This is the first time I've ever given a hotel a one-star rating. I am not at all picky, and I tend to like older buildings and will overlook a few quirks in the name of character. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Africa, so I am really not at all picky about accommodations! But this place was really very bad. In desperate need of about every kind of maintenance you can think of. To be honest I didn't notice the cleanliness of the sheets or any of that, because I was too distracted by all the other problems. I stayed at this motel on the final night of a cross-country trip with my husband in the middle of the winter, so we were tired enough that we didn't care where we stayed, we just wanted cheap. And we got cheap! The first thing I noticed was that the smoke alarm in our room kept chirping every 5 minutes. The battery was low on the thing. Instead of complaining to the front desk (it was late, we were tired) we just put it outside. Haha. The other problem I noticed was that our door wouldn't lock from the outside. It would close, but no key was needed for entry no matter what we did! When we told the front desk clerk she acted a little surprised and then said that as long as no one saw us leave the room it would be ok (we were going across the street to get dinner). Then she offered to switch our room, but we declined because we were very tired. We just locked our valuables in the car.

In addition to these pretty major issues, it was just a nasty-looking, uncomfortable place. I think we paid $40 to stay there, and it wasn't even worth that. Good thing I have a sense of humor.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJL4
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We booked our rooms at least 2 months in advance so that we could have our rooms together and near the pool. The man that we spoke to on the phone was very accomidating and said that it would be no problem. Well when we arrived at the motel, we were told that wasn't possible and ended up paying more than what we were quoted on the phone! We were told that we could speak to the manager about it in the morning.
At 11:30pm when I threw back the sheets to get into bed they had skid marks on them! I then looked over the pillow cases and they had some sort of dried liquid and it looked like someone had worn make-up to bed. I called down to the office and the woman wanted to move all 3 of us to another room! I asked if they had extra sheets and was told that I could COME DOWN and get a couple extra blankets and pillows. On my way out the door the heater came on and it was apperently so dirty that it set off the smoke alarm! Anyway I was told when I went to get the blankets that the manager would be there at 7am and I could talk to him then. At about 9am I headed down to the office, dirty pillowcase and all and then was told that the manager was on vacation! But the woman behind the desk seemed disusted at the fact that we had dirty sheets so she was going to see about getting us a discount. I went down later to ask if she had talked to anyone yet and she said "hold on I'll see if he's still in the back room" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! He came out and he actually said that if the bed looks like it hasn't been slept in they don't change the sheets. After about 20mins of arguing with him he gave us a 20% discount off of one room for one night. So we got a total of $13 back! Whoo hoo. We then requested that all the sheets on all of the beds get changed, but when housekeeping came to change the sheets they just made the bed with the same dirty sheets!

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE. The management is a JOKE, he thought our sitiation was funny.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mookie_840