“What a gem!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moclips
Moonstone Beach Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Moclips
Yelm, Washington
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wonderful experience with Moonstone began with several phone calls with Jim, one of the managers, who was a delight to deal with, warm, friendly, and flexible. I don't like big impersonal hotels and usually try to rent a house when I travel, but this was for business, and I could only stay two days and so booked a studfio room at the Moonstone. But I felt like I was in a little house, with a full kitchen, marvelous ocean view, and mere steps out the back door onto the beach. The room was clean, and the price was very reasonable. The bed was heavenly, espcecially since I had worked very late hours both nights I stayed. As other reviews have stated, Moonstone is not fancy but is the best choice if you're looking for charm and heart. I only regret that I couldn't stay longer, and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lori S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have been going to the Moonstone for over TWO DECADES! Don't let the secret out about this wondrous place!! It's a little rough around the edges but that's the Charm. You can bring your Dogs (and pay a reasonable Pet deposit), you can walk out to the surf late at night with a Beer (or a glass of Wine) via a sturdy well lit "Bridge". You can sit outside, telling jokes or having a BBQ and as long as your not raising complete hell nobody messes with you (and will actually join in). When you are ready for sleep, it is dead quiet....and toasty warm, with no Car doors slamming or horns honking. Everything you need: comfortable Beds/Blankets/Pillows/Dishes-Pots and Pans...lots of TP AND Beach towels if you request them. This place is a hidden Jewel. Please don't tell anyone. Jeff Schroeder, Puyallup, Washington.

Room Tip: Upstairs-ALL ROOMS-Best Downstairs-ALL ROOMS-Good
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great place to stay, perfect location! There's a great restaurant in town nearby called Robins. Best place in town but book ahead!

• Stayed July 2011
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Moonstone Motel is not fancy, but it has all the basic needs...at least for me. It is right on the beach, warm and cozy. The bed and unit was clean and comfy. I like to cook. The kitchen was well equipped for the basics...I brought my crock pot (and made a wonderful pot roast).

My dog loved loved running on the beach. The beach is long and wide covered with many sand dollars.

I was there in late fall a get away before the holiday madness. The weather was cool, but dry and even some sun!

Compared to other places in the area for the price this would be my pick.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room 2. I could see beach and horizon from there. From what I could see I thought I made...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed in rm 7. It is a A frame ceiling so if you are over 5'5" you will bang your head on everything. If you are a man the only way to use the toilet is to sit down. The good new is that the beds are comfortable. The balcony and fence in our view needs paint and the fencing is rusted. The couch was extremely uncomfortable and pieced together. The tv(we are world series fans) was barely viewable. When I inquired what to do on a rainy day, the owner had no idea and had to look up things to do on the internet. The guide book in our room was from 07/08! We were also told to giggle the toilet handle because it runs alot. It is obvious that this place had alot of deferred maintanence and everything things updating or replaced. Funky must mean terrible place. The view was from an old window that needs replacing too! I was not expecting a fancy place, but this place made the Red Roof Inn at Sea Tac look like the Ritz.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 7!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank STLFAN51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moclips
0.3 km away
25.9 km away
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Moonstone Beach Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK