“Will stay here again”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Vernon, Canada
“Will stay here again”
Reviewed 29 March 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in March in the king suite. Close to the outlet mall an the hotel has a shuttle. Very clean rooms, eating area and the staff is super nice. We will stay at this hotel on our next trip to the outlet mall.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Hawk69
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here last time in December, and had a fabulous stay. This time, the staff wasn't as friendly, the hotel was sooo noisy and I had trouble sleeping, and the breakfast wasn't as good as I remembered. Whatever the case, it was still a comfortable stay. My kids enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the WiFi on my tablet! We walked over to Applebee's for dinner, which I've done before, too. Zipped over to Walmart and the outlets in the morning. Very convenient location. Still plan to stay here again, even though I had bad luck with noise this time around...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pokee
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 5 years and have rated it before as a 4. Until now. HEI has a "Best Price Guarantee", so when a found a lower rate on Expedia I asked for them to match it. Unfortunately the could not as it is their best price guarantee and excludes other agencies. Not sure even why this policy is in place then, if they are not able to match the internet based travel websites. So like any good consumer in this economy I booked with Expedia. The only thing I would have to do is contact the hotel with my preferences for the double room. So silly me, I think no problem. I email the hotel my reservation number, and request the double room have 2 beds in non smoking. I get a response telling me that this was booked through Expedia and will cost me an additional 20.00 to have 2 beds in my double room. Many emails go back and forth and they will not budge. It looks like HEI gets their Best Price Guaranteed toThem no matter how and customer service be damned. So a heads up, if you want the best customer service experience from this hotel book only through them, no matter how inconvenient or how expensive. If you don't you will pay and pay more again?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KPM66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear KPM66,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent experiences. I am sorry about the problems you encountered with our Best Price Guarantee. You can find all Terms and conditions listed on our booking sites. For the lowest and best rates it is best to book online.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare
British Columbia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

great standard HIE with shuttle service from the Tulalip Casino across I-5. Ask for a room at the back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
1.5 km away
10.9 km away
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
15.6 km away
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK