“Trip tainted by service policy”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Vancouver, Canada
“Trip tainted by service policy”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 5 years and have rated it before as a 4. Until now. HEI has a "Best Price Guarantee", so when a found a lower rate on Expedia I asked for them to match it. Unfortunately the could not as it is their best price guarantee and excludes other agencies. Not sure even why this policy is in place then, if they are not able to match the internet based travel websites. So like any good consumer in this economy I booked with Expedia. The only thing I would have to do is contact the hotel with my preferences for the double room. So silly me, I think no problem. I email the hotel my reservation number, and request the double room have 2 beds in non smoking. I get a response telling me that this was booked through Expedia and will cost me an additional 20.00 to have 2 beds in my double room. Many emails go back and forth and they will not budge. It looks like HEI gets their Best Price Guaranteed toThem no matter how and customer service be damned. So a heads up, if you want the best customer service experience from this hotel book only through them, no matter how inconvenient or how expensive. If you don't you will pay and pay more again?

1 Thank KPM66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear KPM66,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent experiences. I am sorry about the problems you encountered with our Best Price Guarantee. You can find all Terms and conditions listed on our booking sites. For the lowest and best rates it is best to book online.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
British Columbia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

great standard HIE with shuttle service from the Tulalip Casino across I-5. Ask for a room at the back.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We ended up at the Holiday Inn Express around 5:00 one morning (long story) and were able to snag a room for a quick sleep. The lady at the check-in counter was very helpful and found us a room quickly. She helpfully pointed out that they had already set up breakfast, so we had an early breakfast that was unexpectedly great for a free hotel breakfast. They had an amazing variety of hot items, and they were all quite decent. The on-demand pancake maker was my personal favorite. Our room was clean, modern, and comfortable. My only complaint was that our handicapped-accessible room was right next to the breakfast area, and it was rather loud until the breakfast time ended. Overall, this stay continues my streak of excellent experiences at Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Room Tip: I do not recommend the room closest to the breakfast area.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Our family stayed in the HIE March 4-6, 2012 and found out that it has greatly improved from our last visit last year. Mr. Lyle at the reception welcomed us and check-in was fast and easy. Parked underground and came up to a clean smelling room. Beds made well, towels smelled clean and so is the bathroom. Their pillows were lumpy and flat. Would appreciate them changing it as it looked tired already. Breakfast the following day was the usual bacon, sausage english muffin with cream gravy, cheese omelettes, variety of cereals, bread, ready-to-make pancakes, lots and lots..Since it was a weekday, no long lines and food was constantly replenished. The following day, their juice/water dispenser broke down and was quickly fixed. Checking out was fast. I have expressed disappointment in our previous stay but I am happy with our recent stay now.
Would appreciate them correcting the GPS of "Holiday Inn Express" as it brings you to a different hotel. Unless you enter the address manually.

Room Tip: Check their website, gives you the best value. Offers discount like CAA, AAA, military, etc.. Regist...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mcmina
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Ended up staying for 2 nights ($120++/night). Service was friendly. Nice selection for breakfast (eggs+sausage or eggs+bacon, muffins, milk, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, toast, juice, coffee, cereals). Swimming pool + hot tub open from 9am to 10pm. Room and bathroom were well appointed and clean. Didn't encounter excessive noise but did hear the trains from a distance (left the window slightly ajar to keep our ears peeled for our car alarm). My only beef is the relative value. For the location and facilities, I would be expecting pay $85-$100 for me to change my rating to 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Mattiasdad,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
1.5 km away
15.6 km away
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
10.8 km away
Best Western Cascadia Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK