All reviews continental breakfast stay there again four sides glass walled an older building yogurt downtown seattle clean rooms coffee maker hard boiled eggs fridge checkin sheets laundry mall
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The hotel is situated on 196th which is perfect as it is close to I-5 highway (great for visiting Bellevue and Seattle) and is within 5 minutes driving radius to many local shopping and dining hot spots including the Lynnwood Convention Center. Best of all, it includes free wifi and free parking -all for great price.

Friendly staff. Always smiling. Seems to be Korean family operated. I was there for 3 nights and on the first night I woke up in the middle of night with itchy back. Perhaps I was allergic to the bed sheet. So I placed a bath towel and slept over it on the bed. The next morning, I told the front desk staff and he was attentive to pass on the message to the cleaning staff to replace my entire bed sheet and bed spread. After the change, I was itch-free for the next 2 nights. The cleaning lady also stock up my bathroom amenities everyday. Overall, the hotel is spotless and well maintained.

I had the double queen bed room on the fourth floor. To my surprise, the room is very spacious and has its own hi definition TV, microwave, coffeemaker, mini refrigerator and ironing board. Someone had mentioned about having a full kitchen with dining table but I did not see it in my room. I brought my own utensils and asked for some paper plates at front desk so that I could nuke my takeout at my room which was just fine.

Unlike other hotel's a/c which just blows cold air forever, this one actually automatically and quietly regulates to maintain the temp you want. So the air is never too cold and dry that I get a nose bleed in the middle of the night. Bed is very comfy.

Continental breakfast is well stock with the basic bagels, croissants, breads, cereal, bananas, milk, yogurt and orange juice. I thought the instant noodles and waffle makers are nice touches. I know I should not keep some of the instant noodles but I did as my midnight snack at my room.

One thing that needs improvement is on the sound proofing walls. I can hear the next room persons' conversation as long as if I am at the bathroom. Once I am back on my bed, the noise sounds muffed but is still audible. I plug my ears with ear plugs and all is peace and quiet.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely rebook in the future if I happen to be there again.

Room Tip: Book 4th floor which is the highest floor and little further away from the elevator so not to hear people's footsteps from the hall.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank damevenus
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I chose this hotel because it was affordable during the summer high season, and I don't mind driving from Lynnwood to Seattle. The rooms seem somewhat crowded, but clean and the curtains are unusually lightweight for a hotel and don't block out the light.

It seemed that this hotel also rents out rooms on a monthly basis. We were awakened late at night by small children running through the halls and perhaps this was the same family another reviewer mentioned.

The breakfast was standard hotel fare, but there did seem to be a noticeable effort to purchase the cheapest items available.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tongassrain
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here for one night for shopping. It was older on the 3rd floor, but the price was $80.00...can't beat that!! The location is pretty good, close to shopping malls, Red Lobster & Olive Garden..The beds were o.k. Kind of hard for my liking. They had a continental breakfast that was pretty decent. Can't complain with the price though!!

Room Tip: I heard there was reno'd rooms..ask for those!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mariah84
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My friend and our daughters stayed here from August 1 to 3rd. The hotel was clean but our room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The breakfast was average, but was well stocked and the dining area always had room to sit. THe staff are extremely friendly and very attentive to your needs. Not sure if we would stay there again.....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel the night before I was to take an exam for medical school. As I'm a student, I needed a cheap place to stay but also as a woman traveling alone didn't want to feel unsafe or like I was in a hotel where shady "business" deals were being conducted or anything...

I was a bit apprehensive when I first showed up. The outside of the hotel is a bit dodgy looking... But once you walk inside it's nice enough and very clean. The staff is very friendly.

Things you may want to know:

1. Wifi worked well for me and was very fast. This was a must on my stay so very appreciated

2. Rooms are way above expectations for a 65$ a night hotel. The bed was very comfortable, the comforter very nice and not at all generic hotel. Rooms had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer. Rooms were decorated nicely and very clean.

3. Can hear a bit through the walls, which is to be expected. My neighbor had an awful cough that I could hear, though I think turning on the tv would have drowned it out. I put earplugs in instead so I could study and it was fine.

4. A/C worked well and my room was exactly the temp I wanted it a few minutes after I got into it

5. Continental breakfast is standard... some dry cereals, a waffle maker, some breads. Nothing fancy but at least they offer it... I was thankful. Needed that morning coffee.

6. Don't expect to use the workout room. It's got 3 machines and its in a glass cased room right by the lobby check in... unless you like everyone watching you workout...

Overall I thought it was a great place to stay and far above any expectations I had when I paid my 65$. Room was very clean, comfy, not-generic hotel in decor. Beds comfortable. Good wifi service. Felt safe in the hotel, no shady looking guests. I was very happy with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo