“A Unique Sandwich Experience”

Yeh Yeh's Vietnamese Sandwiches
Ranked #10 of 308 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My son eats here all the time and I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. This place is out of the way on a back street and is Lynnwoods hidden gem. There is always a line and is a favorite with the locals. They make a delicious bubble tea also.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My apologies for taking so long to review this place. Even though I live just down the street from this place for years now, it's just within the last couple of years I finally have tried this place. I know what the buzz is about now. I've never really tried the Vietnamese style sandwich until here. I think the best day to come here is on Saturday which is usually the day I come. I tried during the week on a vacation day and it was packed before noon. Speaks of the quality of this place. You would never know the place is where it is. It's tucked in the back off the main road and other than the sign up front, it's not visible. The dining area is very simple, but everything else is extraordinary. Service is great and the sandwiches or whatever else you order come out in a timely matter. Even though there is pho and other dishes on the menu, I've always had a sandwich. Usually chicken, but there a lot more options. You can make it a combo and since it's an Asian place, I choose the egg roll over the standard bag of chips. The combination of the meats and the vegetables are a tasty combination. Jalapenos are optional, but I think that's what makes the sandwich better for me. Sometimes the bread is a bit tough, but everything else makes the difference. I have yet to try these kind of sandwiches elsewhere. I probably will, but with sandwiches as good as these, it's very tempting to stay put. Yeh-Yeh's is a yeah!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

From the outside Yeh Yeh's looks very un-restaurant like with terrible park but once you have enter the front door you are hit with a wave of inviting smells that beckon you to read their menu. They offer huge bowls of delicious pho, incredible Vietnamese sandwiches (the pork is my favorite), spring roll and fresh rolls. The food is fresh and extremely well priced. Yeh Yeh's offers a fun assortment of sauces to compliment the meal (hoisin is my favorite) The restaurant is clean with tables for couples or small groups. We usually order to go.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

If you want a very delicious Vietnamese sandwich, this is the place. I have been coming for years and it is always great. They have other dishes too.

1  Thank Vnvet68
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I wanted some pho. Not just any pho. GOOD pho. So I flexed my research muscles and found out about this place, and the reviews on it were glowing. Like lava at night glowing. I thought, "Pfft, there's no way." As a matter of course, I take reviews with a grain of salt, whether it's a movie, a restaurant, a hotel, or the salon down the way. But, since there so many GOOD reviews, I decided to give it a try.

The reviews were dead on.

I ordered pho nam (pho with brisket) and a grilled pork banh mi, and washed it down with a Thai Tea. When it all came out, the aroma wafting up from the bowl of pho was heavenly. The serving size was enormous, with the bowl easily being at least 6-7 inches across and 3-4 inches deep. Inside, it was packed with noodles, meat, cilantro, broth, and onion and it was accompanied with bean sprouts, basil, jalapenos, and a wedge of lime (all of which I added to the steaming bowl). A quick squirt of hoisin and sriracha and I was good to go.

The pork banh mi was served on bread with really flaky crust, which held up well to the tangy veggies and sauce inside. The meat was grilled perfectly, seasoned well, and tender. It was an excellent accompaniment to the pho, although it could easily stand on its own.

The Thai Tea, when brought to my table, appeared to be the same consistency and color as black coffee and cream, black on the bottom and white on top. Yet, when mixed together it became this interesting shade of coral pink rarely found in nature, and the taste was sweet, but not overly so. It was cold and cooling, soothing and clearing the palate and throat for the next bite of banh mi or swallow of pho.

As I ate, I noticed that the interior was clean, presentable, with several tables-for-two placed around the dining area, music was at a reasonable level to allow for conversation, people were either staying to eat or picking up their carry-out orders. The parking is rather sparse, and I found myself taking a space in front of a closed business, so be aware of that when coming here. Those who work there are polite, efficient, and hardworking, and pride themselves on their food, as well they should.