“Clean comfort in a good location”

Best Western Long Beach Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Camas, Washington
“Clean comfort in a good location”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

It was honestly the only decent room available at the coast during the previous week's hunt for accommodations. The room was clean, the bed comfortable enough, and it was relatively quiet. The location is great for access to the strip of town containing all the shops and attractions, within walking distance to the beach, We drove to the restaurant we choose for dinner, "The Lost Roo" which is about a mile south on the highway but there were plenty of other options just a stones throw from the motel. Since the room cost us $172 I did expect more from the breakfast. there were juices, coffee, some small apples in a basket, mini muffins from Costco, two kinds of dry cereal, packages of dry oatmeal and a waffle machine. Only one waffle machine, that took 3 minutes per waffle with a line of about 10 people wanting to use it at the time we went by. Upon getting your selection of food there is a dismal room with and assortment of uncleaned tables and chairs at one end and storage of haphazardly placed conference tables and podiums in the other half. I heard a young family being told there were no child's seat for their infant. I would suggest there be a little more thought and effort expended in this area. Making the eating room a little more welcoming, the breakfast offerings set out in a better pattern, maybe add some yogurt and hardboiled eggs, more cereal choices ? There is however a very good breakfast/lunch restaurant directly across the street from the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in 3 Super 8's on our holidays. The good news is that, this was the nicest one of the three. The value was ok for the stay. Internet was Ok. Breakfast was good except that the room was 2 small to accomodate the number of customers eating. We had to take our food back to our room. The location was good for the hotel and the staff were ok. However in the future We will look for other accomodations instead of Super 8's.

Room Tip: Rooms are being renovated so ask for a newer room if you stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We wanted a clean and safe place to stay because we had two days of fishing planned out of Ilwaco, so with this expectation it was an ok place to stay. I would mention that the air con did not work, so we had our window open the entire time, on the last morning, the morning we didn't have to get up early to go fishing, someone decided to leaf blow the parking lot at 5:30am, thanks people! The motel was full the weekend we were there so taking a shower was an adventure - hot, then cold etc, I would blame it on the fact that the motel was full but it was 3am so I don't think that was the problem. The chairs in the room were very, very uncomfortable, but I was told on check-out that they were changing out the furniture for new furniture, so hopefully someone chose comfortable chairs. It is convenient to restaurants and activities in the area, so that is good. For what we needed, it is ok, but I would have been very disappointed if I chose this motel for a romantic get away or for a big summer holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kristina R, General Manager at Best Western Long Beach Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
I apologize for your experience here at our hotel, I am sure that the noise you heard at 5:30 am was the street sweeper they do make early rounds, and I have heard this before. but I can assure you it was not one of our staff at that time in the morning. House keeping and maintenance do not arrive until 10 am.
I also wanted you to know that we do not have air conditioning here at our hotel but we are looking into it. We do have fans for our guest to use here at the front desk if their room gets too hot which really doesn't happen to often.

The experience with your shower we did fix after you brought it to our attention and we really appreciate that. Please be sure when ever you have an issue at any hotel to let staff know before you check out.

And yes we do have new chairs in our newly renovated rooms! All rooms have brand new furnishings .;o)

We do hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again. Our hotel is better than ever and I think you will have an amazing experience this time around.
Seattle
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I recently stayed at this facility for a quick get away. Wasn't looking to spend as much as I did but it was a last minute decision. In this day and age technology, wireless access, has become very important to most people, especially me. So when I saw this location had wi-fi it sealed the deal for me. Upon trying to connect to the Internet via their wi-fi I had no luck. Once I stepped out the door of my room I would get connectivity. Contacted the manager, Christina who said she would check into it. After a few hours and not hearing from her I contacted her for an answer to the issue. She said she was just going to make her rounds to check it out. After another hour passed and no word on the issue I went to the desk only to be told she had left for the day. I asked the person now working the desk what was being done about the wi-fi issue. He said he had no idea what I was reffering to. After explaining the issue he said there wasn't anything he could do. After further conversation he said he would reboot the routers. It didn't work. So for a room that I paid for that advertised wi-fi I got none but more importantly nobody seemed bothered by it except for the guy that paid $145 for the room. When I checked out I tried to get the name and ph number of her manager but got no where. The uncaring attitude of the staff has left me to judge all Super 8's the same. It speaks volumes when as a customer I am unable to speak to somebody to voice my concerns. And as one last note the frig in the room made so much noise it made for difficult sleeping.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Kristina R, General Manager at Best Western Long Beach Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
I am sorry for your experience here with out Internet. At that time we did have some terrible issues with it. I did how ever check every room this day and I reset every router. When I left I did not leave for the day I went to the local Radio Shack here to see if I could purchase a couple additional routers to see it that might be the problem. I spent much of my 10 hour day on the phone with our provider trying to troubleshoot the problems.
We spoke three times during this issue and I was doing everything I could to try to get it to work for you. I did give you the option to connect from down in the lobby since that there was getting an excellent signal.
I do hope that you do return since it has been fixed.
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is not an upscale place. Don't expect cushy, plush towels or ritzy bathroom supplies. However, for what it is (a moderately priced economy hotel), it was wonderful! Clean, convenient, a fabulous mattress and pillow (best night of sleep I've had in a long time), quiet and great staff. Walking distance to beach. Very nice.

Room Tip: Hotel accepts pets, which surprised us, but it didn't cause a problem.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple