“A Touch of India in Bavaria”

India House Authentic Cuisine
Ranked #69 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Though Leavenworth is modeled after a Bavarian town - complete with street signs in German and breweries - India House offers extraordinary authentic Indian cuisine. While Indian restaurants always offer many vegetarian options, I found India House's menu to be the most veg-friendly of any Indian restaurant I frequent. I had vegetable kadai, and it was excellent. The only limitation to the menu is its wine list - only four available - two reds and two whites. Stick to the white.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My wife had the chicken curry, and had the lamb korma. It was so good we took home orders to go. The only offputting thing was everything is ala carte. So the curry and korma didn't come with rice. All items are sold separately so it can become expensive rather quickly. So while not cheap, the fare is excellent. This place is a must try. Caveat: This is based on my tastes ans the day we went. YMMV

Reviewed 4 May 2017

New restaurant, and still working on getting organized. Man taking our order did not know they served wine, even though their were bottles sitting around. The red we ordered had been opened days ago. Chicken Tikka Marsala was tasty in creamy tomato sauce. Mango curry (with lamb) was good. I was surprised that we had to order rice as a separate dish. Most Indian restaurants serve rice as part of the meal. The Naan was disappointing. We will go back to try more entrees.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We should have known as soon as we walked in that an Indian restaurant entirely run by Mexican employees was not going to be an authentic Indian dining experience. But, we gave the benefit of the doubt and stayed. My husband and I both ordered chicken dishes -- Ginger Chicken and Tikka Masala Chicken. Both dishes were $13.50. My Tikka Masala was 8 small pieces of plain, pre-cooked chicken absolutely swimming in Tikka Masala simmering sauce. My husband got considerably more chicken in his dish, but again it was simply plain, pre-cooked chicken reheated in a sweet, sticky ginger sauce. Neither dish came with rice. We couldn't believe they had the nerve to charge $13.50 for such sub-standard, inauthentic Indian food and not even give us rice with our entrees. We were told we could order rice for our meals for $2.50 extra. To add insult to injury, they ended up charging me $14.50 for my dish, which was listed as a dollar less on the menu. Unfortunately, we didn't catch the error until we were at our car. This place is just awful. Do NOT give them your business.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We visited the India House for an Indian Snack and ordered for Poori, Nan and some other dishes and the preparations were OK at a place like Leaven worth where there is NO Restaurant offering our cuisine. The location and seating were good and service too.Preparations need Improvement in quality.