Open today: 1:00 PM - 5:00 AM
Review Highlights
First time

RayS2701
Interesting Movie and Displays

Who knew there was such a variety of nutcrackers in the world? It's a testament to human... read more

E3620LWloris
Hope, ID, United States

All reviews amazing collection scavenger hunt on display crackers nice video for sale minute film admission price hand carved different types non profit walk around visiting leavenworth in town thousands nuts history
Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I enjoyed our visit to the museum. Very interesting with so many different nutcrackers. The lady who donated her large collection to start the museum was there hosting the museum and was very interesting to get her perspective on some of the items.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Who knew there was such a variety of nutcrackers in the world?
It's a testament to human creativity. My sister and I really enjoyed watching their movie and touring the displays for only $5 apiece.

Reviewed 1 week ago

WOW -- so many neat things about this place, where to start..
The owner of the shop was working the cash register when we walked in. Please note - this museum is located on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator available. The museum is super affordable at $5 per person to enter. There is a 20 minute video that is played to showcase how a nutcracker is made - super interesting. I think this museum does a great job at showcasing the local family that has 3 generations making nutcrackers. There is just about every nutcracker imaginable to look at. It appears the nutcrackers are sorted out by similarities, while others are donated by people across the country/globe. Such a COOL little place to visit. If its raining (which it should be, its Washington), stop in this shop, dry and warm up, and visit. Talk with the sweet, older lady that owns the place. She is the true gem to this shop.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You’ll find nowhere else like this! The collection is staggering and a bit overwhelming, crammed into quite a small space. Not child-friendly, but this didn’t matter to our group. They also prefer to take admission in cash!

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We paid $5 each to enter the museum which is located on the second floor above shops. The lady at the till was a bit cranky and snarky. We spent about 45 minutes looking at the enormous collection of nutcrackers. I enjoyed it and thought it was worth the $5 because I have a passion for nutcrackers. The museum is small and the display cases are packed with tremendous displays. I do not recommend this for younger children unless they are calm and very focused children, there is no running around space and lots of glass cases.

debswebs2, Director of Sales at Nutcracker Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Arly1,
I am so glad that you enjoyed the Nutcracker Museum and yes, children do enjoy the museum. They love the Nutcracker Hunts which is our version of a scavenger hunt. And kids can do these hunts as young as three years old! You are correct, there is a lot of glass and there is no running space for them but they do have a great time!!! Come back and see us on your next visit to Leavenworth!

Reviewed 30 September 2018

If you even slightly think this would interest you, go here. I didn’t see it advertised as the best collection in the world, but you will leave here feeling like you’ve seen the best there is. I’m not a nutcracker fan, but I do like to be amazed.

debswebs2, Director of Sales at Nutcracker Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words.... glad you enjoyed the Nutcracker Museum!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We took our grandchildren and they had a wonderful time on a nutcracker scavenger hunt. Looking for a baseball player nutcraker, or the smallest nutcracker, or a dancing nutcracker kept them busy for at least an hour. An unimaginable number of nutcrackers of every size and type. A wonderful place to spend on a hot afternoon.

debswebs2, Manager at Nutcracker Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hi Jeff, so glad you enjoyed the museum and the kids enjoyed the hunts. We love watching the looks on kids faces!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Neat place to go see. Make sure to put aside a few hours, you will need it if you want to see everything! Old lady who runs the place is quite something, bit cranky. Overall a cool experience to see so many nutcrackers in one place and learn the history though.

Yes, we suggest planning some time to see the Nutcracker Museum. Many do return each time they come to Leavenworth as museum displays are also ever changing. Please stop by again!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Anyone that knows me, knows I love nutcrackers. I was completely overwhelmed by how many this place has! It was amazing! They didn’t just have the decorative ones you see at Christmas but medal ones. It was all so organized. They even had a nutcracker search you could do which I failed miserably because I was so distracted at looking at them all. There was also a video you could sit down and watch! Neat place!

debswebs2, Manager at Nutcracker Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

So glad you enjoyed your visit! Our curator has done such an amazing job!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Such a worthwhile place to visit. This is the best collection of anything I have ever seen. It is so well displayed and there are so many items you could spend a day here. The lady who began the collection many years ago was there in costume and could inform you of any details first hand. Such an interesting display and notes in every window to tell you more about the title figures.