“EXCEPTIONAL KOREAN BBQ”

Ranked #64 of 185 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Barbecue, Korean, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Treat yourself to the most upscale Korean restaurant in the Tacoma area! Tasty Korean cuisine in a friendly and relaxing traditional Korean decor. Tables with gas grills to cook while you eat. Or order in from the kitchen various stews, casseroles, fish, noodle choices accompanied by exotic little banchan side-dishes. See our meals and drinks menus on Facebook or web page. We are a popular place for birthdays and family meals. Also have takeout and catering.
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We were a group of 8 people, one of whom is a Korean national. We all agree it was the best all you can eat Korean BBQ in the area. Their meat platters are very generous and their vegetable side dishes were plentiful. Vents over the grills work well. Everyone agreed that they would go back again. They also have a regular menu. Because there were 8 of us, I was able to make a reservation.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The food was great because you cook the way you like it. But customer service was horrible we started off telling the waitress what we wanted and she said she hopes she remembers it all and rolled her eyes. Next it took forever to get drinks. Next when it was time to leave after all of that I decided to leave tip and the waitress said I should leave more and literally stood over my shoulder waiting for me to sign and pay.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

If you love traditional grill-at-your-table Korean BBQ and are very hungry then try it for lunch. The soups and stews--avoid. The rice is poor quality and service is lacking. I cannot really recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I love experiencing various international cuisines - but am a bit nervous about spicy foods - not that I am totally avoiding spices. It's the "hot" spices that my system won't tolerate. Our hosts were careful to let me know which hot spicy veggies to avoid and, consequently, I had a magnificent experience of being seated with a party of 8 and enjoying the food that was plated for me. One of our Korean hosts did the duty of cooking on the grill at the center of the table and he was amazingly good at it. The Gangnam BBQ just keeps bringing the food as long as someone is eating it. Pricing is for the group and makes it quite affordable. I recommend this place, especially if your party includes those familiar with Korean-style BBQ's.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were visiting Tacoma and a local, knowledgable friend took us to this restaurant. We have been there many times 5 - 10 yrs ago when we lived in the area but of course, the owners have changed many times since. We had an excellent BBQ and pretty good, friendly service.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Gangnam BBQ? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK