“Just WOW!!!”

Carr's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #5 of 185 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This fairly new restaurant shows up on a number of other sites,
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Our first visit will not be our last.... I want to try everything on the menu if they're half as good as what I had this time.... The French Dip was fantastic and the horseradish cheese was a great touch!!!! My son was hankering for waffles and chicken and Carr's didn't disappoint.... We are both hooked on Carr's!!!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived around 0930...not busy. Sign said “Please wait to be seated”....so we stood there waiting to be seated. And we waited 10 minutes before a waitress asked if we needed help with something?? Uhhhh lol...I pointed to the sign and she said to have a seat wherever we wanted. The inside could use a lift of some sort...seemed dark and depressing. Better lighting or background music...something.

Had Northwest scramble...smoked salmon was awesome. All of the food was great; fresh and homemade. Homemade
Jam with toast was spot in. I think a little less cream cheese would be best for this dish. It was a bit overpowering. I was just caught off guard with the bill ($70.00 for 3 people and it was breakfast. And thats without anyone ordering extra stuff). In reviewing the bill, they nickel and dime you for everything. I asked for egg white only...that cost few bucks extra. To remove the yolks from the same eggs you use to make the scramble cost extra?? My friend added onions and green peppers to eggs...that was a few bucks extra. My son wanted ONE slice of french toast in place of two slices of toast and that was a few bucks extra. Yes, you get a huge portion but I paid that kind of money to bring home a ton of hash browns as leftovers?? Lastly, some landscaping is needed around the street sign...difficult to see. I drove by it a few times before I saw it.

Overall, a great place for the community. I love supporting small business owners. I was just a little upset that given the location and menu, it cost $70.00 to feed 3 for breakfast.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank BootCB
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This Breakfast was sooooo yummy!! Go hungry the hash browns are cooked to perfection but OMG so ginormous lol, the little I was able to put down tasted like the potatoes was just plucked from the earth that morning. My eggs was delicious and the sourdough toast....heavenly!! Was so hungry forgot to take pics, but there is an old pickup truck up against the restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I ate breakfast at Carrs last Saturday morning with a group of veterans, the Old Salts.
The breakfasts were terrific: Excellent flavor, serving temperature just right, and really great service. The portions are gigantic. You will not be able to finish what you are served. And even though you get large, make that huge, meals, it is deliciously prepared.
The prices are very reasonable. I had a Volvo Vegetarian Omelet that what really good!
The other guys around me were unanimous in saying it was a great meal at a good price.
There were about 30 of us, and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Large portions! Good food, home style comfort food. Clean with interesting devor. Staff was friendly and good service. Gets busy. Has two sides in the restaurant, one side with a bar and one side with family dining. Pancakes are the size of a large plate. Creamy country heavy with sausage and like a of hashbrowns.

Date of visit: April 2018