“Really good food”
Review of Hop Jacks

Hop Jacks
Ranked #14 of 185 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My friend and I were in the Lakewood area shopping when we got very hungry. We don't know the area so of course I looked up somewhere. The restaurant had only been open about a week, it was very clean and the setup was sports bar like. They had a lot of TVs and being a Saturday afternoon during football season they had a lot of games on. Another friend join us for lunch, and he was very pleased that the games are on.

Their menu is one of those where almost everything on there is what you want to eat. It's pretty difficult to make a choice because every single item looks tasty. Let me remind you though it is kind of a sports bar place, so it's that type of food, but reeeeally good! I went with the spicy chicken grilled cheese sandwich with fries, and had one of their ales to drink. I've never had a grilled cheese sandwich just like this. It wasn't quite a chicken sandwich because there wasn't enough chicken for it to be a chicken sandwich, and I had bacon to just enough for a garnish in a sandwich. However the sandwich itself really is a grilled cheese but with these things in there and it was so mouth-wateringly good. Their fries were so fresh, and I was impressed they had blue cheese dressing which was really good quality because it was thick and I could actually taste the blue cheese. My friends also enjoy their food and they said it was a great selection of place to eat. There were no complaints about our food and we all ate everything off of our plates.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We had dinner there tonight. Sat down to find our seat covered with grease, but the hostess quickly cleaned it up.
Had a hiccup with our order, but the manager quickly fixed it and took care of us.
Food was good.
Our server was nice but not too attentive to the tables he had.
Will be back.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Food was good, nothing to write home about, & no, not "the best" patty melt I ever had. Food was overpriced and could use a hit of salt. Service excellent, all staff were very friendly & made recommendations when asked. Liked that they had Irish Death on tap & beer was nice & frosty. Will try again as the happy hour menu items looked enticing.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I went in with great expectations. I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed . The food was good . The service was also good . Just nothing to write home about . Just average and too expensive for my likings . Now if the burger was 8$ instead of 15$ this would be a different review

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Dropped in for lunch for our first time. Warm greeting and my daughter and I were directed to a booth in the bar area. We were both carded to make sure we were both 21 years old to sit in the bar. I am 65 and my daughter is 29. (why get directed to sit in the bar if you are not old enough to sit there and then have to be reseated??). So while it was an odd start, the service was very good (Angela) and there is a wealth of food items. Burgers were recommended to us so we chose the guacamole burger and the Patty Melt. Both were very good, good portions, but both very oily, or too much butter, or whatever. I admit, I am not a big sandwich guy and tend to go bread-less with all my meals, but I was pleased they had a multi-grain option and healthy side option of fruit. Bottomless ice tea and fair prices of about $13 for a burger. Again, Angela, was very helpful with the menu options and service. Great selection of beers if that is your interest.

Been to Hop Jacks? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK