“Piece of Kirkland ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I stopped at Couzin's Cafe for breakfast on a visit to Kirkland. The decor was nostalgic showcasing pictures of old Kirkland and Redmond.
The menu had lots of enticing choices and I ended up choosing the pigs in a blanket. The sweet cream pancake was marvelous though I had a couple of doughy spots. Overall the meal was great.
The interior needs some love, fresh paint and a good washing.
The service was superb- friendly and efficient. This is clearly a local favorite.
I would go back and try something else from their juicy list.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Couzin's Cafe is a great little greasy spoon that will leave you satisfied while being very budget friendly. Everything we ordered was good and quite tasty, especially the sausage gravy. The coffee was better than many breakfast joints, which was a great surprise. If there's a wait outside it seemed to pass quickly since they get the food out to the tables pretty quickly. There were several families in the restaurant, probably because the prices were quite reasonable if not a bargain.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Yes, the food is great and may be worth the wait that some of the others mentioned, but it all went sour when we saw a wooden sign " No Coffee No Workee", a downright racial slur against Asians. I wrote to the manager at the cafe about this but have not heard back any response. I would hope that at this point, the sign has been removed.

1  Thank garyanddiane
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I was visiting Seattle with my mom and we were traveling north. We needed breakfast and I found this gem on Yelp.

We tried the egg and ham scramble. Not sure what they do to their eggs, but they were absolutely the lightest and most fluffiest eggs in the world. Sheer heaven! We ate every single morsel of our food.

This is an older joint and needs some rehab with the look, but I didn't go there to look at the place, I went there to eat!

The coffee is very strong, but some people are into that.

I would come back any day when I am in the area!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

My son and I stopped in for lunch at Couzins Cafe last week. We both had the chicken mushroom swiss burger and it was excellent. I substituted pepper jack cheese as I like a little heat. The "burgers" were hot and tasty and the servings were very plentiful. Additionally, my son got a peanut butter milkshake which was excellent. Will definitely visit again when I am in Kirkland.