“Underrated But Worth The Trip”
Review of 12th Avenue Cafe

12th Avenue Cafe
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Issaquah
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I needed to find a restaurant that I could enjoy before a music show in North Bend. I'm trying to lose weight, so this restaurant had to offer low-carb options at reasonable prices. Preferably all-day breakfast and open after 5 p.m. (since the gig was at 7:30 p.m.).

12th Avenue Cafe hit the spot! Not only did the menu offer breakfast and diner-style lunch/dinner, you know, burgers and sandwiches, meatloaf and spaghetti... but they had solid breakfast items, including something different, Mexican eggs.

I wanted to avoid carbs and felt an omelette would fill me up so I went with the make-your-own Contractor's Omelette, where you can pick and choose which ingredients to put into it. I went with green onion, spinach, mushrooms, jalapenos, and crumbled bacon, along with cheddar cheese. They PILED the fillings nicely. I would've added sour cream to make it less dry.

I also added a side of avocado and salsa. Very nice. In lieu of the 12th Avenue Spuds, toast, etc., i got to pick from a list of substitutes. I veered from roasted vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini) to sliced raw tomatoes. In the end I was feeling the tomatoes (ugh, not in season).

I wish someone would invent a carb-free Eggs Benedict. That is my all-time favorite breakfast dish.

I recommend this place even though there weren't that many people when we ate at dinner time (Saturday night, around 5, 530 p.m.) There aren't enough diner-style places anymore. I miss them. Plus, the servers are super-friendly, very accommodating.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I've had breakfast here twice now, and it's been a very pleasant experience. Servers are polite and attentive, and the breakfast selections are great. I've had the signature "Montana" breakfast and the "Mexican Eggs" both of which were good and filling. And, they keep the coffee refills coming constantly! Weekends are a madhouse, so be sure to come early or be prepared for a wait.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stopped for lunch as we were leaving the area, we were seated immediately at 1 p.m. on a Friday. Our waitress was efficient although a bit brisk. Our food came in a timely manner, my husband ordered fish (halibut) and chips, I ordered a fish sandwich (halibut) with a bowl of clam chowder. Food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time. The fish in both dishes was nothing more than some pressed fish product, you know you are getting a poor quality item when each piece is the same size and shape. The fries were good and hot, but the clam chowder tasted like gravy. Two lunch items and one Coke was $34. We won't be returning.

1  Thank Martie E
Reviewed 25 September 2017

12th Avenue Cafe continues to make great breakfasts and lunches with the star performer being the chicken fried steak. Also not to be missed is the raspberry jam. Yummy

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Mexican Eggs! Yum!
Your coffee cup always has coffee in it!
The waiter always greets you with a welcome smile. The food is always delicious! It has long been a favorite!