“Homemade berry preserves!!!!”

The Portside Cafe
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Ilwaco
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a small family owned cafe, serving breakfast and lunch. We strive for the home-cooked taste and feel of a small town cafe. With fresh baked bread, homemade jams, hand spanked burgers. and locally sourced seafood, we strive for quality and taste. Stop in and you might find a local fisherman with a fish tale or two!
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Across the street from Col Pacific motel and opens at 5 AM. Food is fine, but needs a little deciphering -- flat cakes are Swedish pancakes, and there are two hashbrown options -- ask the waitress to explain. That said, food was fine and service is friendly and fast. It's a breakfast place, not 5-star but good, basic food. What is exceptional is their mixed berry preserves, made on-site and full of natural sunshiny flavor. Even if you aren't a jelly-on-the-toast kind of person, please take the time to enjoy theirs.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, if you like prepackaged food repackaged and slopped on plates, this may be the place for you. Clearly gravy was canned, sausage was preformed and the biscuits from a box. I suspect everything came from Costco, however that wasn't the problem. The lack of care taken to assemble the breakfasts was the problem. The pancakes, resembling crepes, still had pockets of dry mix for example. They also tasted like rubber.

I'm a bit surprised given the price and the previous reviews. Thanks to this place, we've decided to cook breakfast ourselves for the rest of our trip to Long Beach area.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

There were only two other diners in the restaurant the Friday morning my husband and I were there. Those two were talking VERY LOUDLY, so we didn't have the best experience (we could barely hear each other), but my platter cake was delicious. My husband said the coffee was just passable - and that's his standard for liking a restaurant - so we didn't return, but the price was right, and we were served right away. Oh, and don't look for a yellow building - it has been painted a seafoam green color.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Their food is awesome. Their pancakes sure out of this world. Friendly staff great atmosphere. I don't have anything else to say about it it's just a great place to go I don't have anything else to say about it's just a great place to go I've great place to go how great place to go.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Had a wonderful Breakfast at the Portside in Ilwaco, Wa. The owner (young lady) was very helpful regarding what to eat and how it was cooked. My wife was in seven heaven with her O'Brien potato's and I really enjoyed the Oyster omelet. The menu was fun to read. Several choices of burgers. I must return and try them out.

1  Thank Ben B

Been to The Portside Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK