“Not What We Expected” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of 101 Haciendas Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ilwaco
101 Haciendas Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Ilwaco B&B and Inns
silverlake, wa
“Not What We Expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

My friends and I stayed here over July 4th, sooo excited that we found a place to stay at such a short notice. All of us were young adults and I had made that very clear to the lady when making reservations. I told her I understand if we are not old enough to stay. The lady was very rude and told me to call back later, so she could "think about it." So I called around to other places and everything was either booked or out of our price range. So I just decided to call her back later on that day and once again she was not all that nice. I told her we would treat her property with respect and not take advantage of the unit. She eventually agreed and told us to please treat her motel with respect. I gave her my credit card to hold the reservation, we were not checking in until a week after I made the reservation. I called her a day before check in date and she referred to me as "oh, YOU." What kind of service is that? I was appalled. I then told her that I was just checking on my reservations and wanted to know my room number again and all she said to me was "oh ya, okay." By that time I was very annoyed and irritated so I just told her I would see her tomorrow.

We live up by Mt. St. Helens so our drive was not that short. We left our area around 4:00pm. We arrived in Ilwaco around 6:30. Once we arrived my friend and I got out of the truck and let the boys go find a place to park since there was no parking lot to be found. This is when it allll began..THERE WAS NO OFFICE. The office was the laundry mat. The lady came out of one of the rooms and told us to follow her. We went up these stairs to what looked like another motel room, but as we were going up the stairs my friend got a very aggresive stiff arm to her chest! The lady had put her arm up in from of my friend and pushed her so she would not come to far in. THEN she put the ironing board down, THAT was the counter. The credit card machine was placed there and no sign of any cash register.

After we had checked in and paid in full we figured our room would have been ready..well she had not even started on it. She was in a DIFFERENT room that had NO ONE checking into it. By that time it was close to 7PM!!! Check in is at 4. When I had called about an hour upon arrival she had said our room was ready. We were very unhappy and she could tell that. At that point all we wanted to do was to drop our stuff off so we could go to dinner, that way she could have more time. Instead she did what I thought was very deserving, she gave us a different room. A room that we didn't even want, more then what we asked for, and right on the street. We wanted more privacy, something smaller, and that DID NOT HAVE PETS IN THE ROOM PREVIOUSLY. She put us in the room and did not charge us extra...would not have paid anyway. The housekeeping was terrible. Floors were not moped, not vaccumed, stove was sticky, sink was sticky, shower had hair in the bottom, the beds had stains on them, the room had a horrible odor of cigarette smoke, and there was a strong smell of pee. Now 2 of our guests smoke and I told her that when making reservations. She said absolutely NO smoking in her rooms and I told her there will be no smoking in the unit. But after going into that room, we thought it wouldnt make a difference if we did or not! We ended up going to the local grocery store and buying two candles to try and make the room smell cleaner. All four us didnt even take our socks off the whole stay, we were so grossed out.

This was my first road trip experience as an 18 year old and it was a huge learning experience. I myself have been working at a resort for a couple of years now, I started out as a housekeeper so I know how rooms should be cleaned. Let me just say if I had her working for our resort, she would needing to find some other place to work at. Not what any guests deserves to stay in.

A couple positive things about this stay: close to Long Beach, shower pressure was great, and the beds were somewhat comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank silverlakeresort
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
ONfornow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were driving late at night and needed somewhere to stay when we happened upon 101 Haciendas. The owner was accessible even though it was late at night and came down to show us a room. The room was slightly run down and smelled like wet dog (pets are allowed here, which explained the smell) but it was clean. Although not spacious, it had everything we needed for a one night stay. It had a little sitting area outside of the room as well, for nicer weather. Also, it was MUCH cheaper than similar motels we checked in nearby Astoria.

Would also recommend breakfast at Laurie's in nearby Long Beach! Massive portions of tastiness!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Me_She_Be
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

This is an older hotel, but super cute. We stopped here on a long road trip, and took the room at the top of the patio, The room is old but clean, and for the price I could not argue. The owner was very nice and came down after hours to check us in. The neighborhood is very quiet and felt safe. the veiw was pretty cool from the upper room, and the price was unheard of on a Friday night and 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Momwith2teens
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Ideally situated - a great departure point for exploring the area - clean, very affordable, well-appointed - great accommodations for an overnight stay or longer. We were here for two nights and by the end of our stay it felt like home.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice - different options depending on how many traveling with you or how much space yo...