“This stay was just what we needed.”
Review of Sunrise Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoodsport
Sunrise Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hoodsport
Lacey, Washington
“This stay was just what we needed.”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I were lookin for a lil r & r get away. After checking out the breathtaking veiw from our upper level room, I discovered the 24/7ish hot tub. Bubbles on stand by waiting to melt & masage my tension neck, back and headache away. At about $60/ night we decided to take 2 nights. The rooms were tidy. Staff and visitors were helpful and friendly. The Sunrise Motel owner anticipated all our needs without being annoying or overwhelming fake friendly. Outdoor firepit, brickoven, and BBQer all clean and well maintained. Even the seaguls gave us space as we enjoyed our fresh shucked oyster shooters. I had to share this mini vay-cay enjoyment with my closest sis. So on the 2nd night, my sis and her husband joined us. Salmon and Beef steaks on the grill and of course small oyster on the bricks. To make a long story a lil shorter. We stayed for another night and day. At checkout I was prepared to reserve rooms for the 4th of July firework show. We hated to leave... so we bought a lil camper and are completely prepared to enjoy our summer diving at the resort on the beautifully vibrant canal. CBB

Room Tip: The veiw is just as good from the ground level rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bobbiejbrown21
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This was the second time we stayed here. The first time was a couple years ago and just a place to arrive late, crash, and leave early the following morning. We stayed in one of the motel rooms, and remember it being a bit dated and run-down, but got the job done and was relatively cheap (~$60-70 per night). This time we went up for a weekend to do some diving in the area, there were three of us. We were just looking for basic accommodations, and remembered this place as being the cheapest option around and half-way decent. This time we ended up in one of the run down trailers parked next to the motel(along with a broken down pick-up truck with broken washer/dryer in front of the trailer). We figured, no problem, we weren't expecting anything fancy. Now, don't get me wrong, we are fine staying in a run-down trailer with holes in the floor covered by a thin layer of grimy carpeting and ants crawling all over the place (they got into everything)...but only if the price reflects this level of accommodation. But it was $99/night plus a $10/night charge for our dog (who couldn't even relax because she was constantly nipping at ants crawling on her...poor thing). I don't mind staying in a run-down place like this if it's CHEAP(say like $50), but a hundred a night is not cheap. The hotel/property is for sale, so I guess it "makes sense" that the current owners are doing nothing in terms of maintenance/up-keep/improvements, and it seems that they haven't for quite some time now. That said, the owner is quite friendly and nice to chat with.
Next time we will spring a few extra bucks and make sure to book earlier to stay at Glen Ayr up the road.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank kczarnecki
Tijeras, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2011

What a great spot if you are fine with a clean, 50's style, no frills motel with the most spectacular view of the Hood Canal, camaraderie, and fresh oysters and crab grilled for you right out of the canal. As a woman alone I felt safe and had such an enjoyable chat with the owner and patrons around the picnic table, picking up fresh oysters, and drinking wine through the evening. All while taking in a spectacular view. I'll go back. A great place for divers or those who want to just hang. Not a chain, not about room service, but rather an adventure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This motel has a decent location, but that's about it. The owner seems nice enough but he is just not investing time or energy into his motel. There was NO hot water although I'm sure the owner had his own water heater. There were ants in the kitchen areas if you brought your own food it got infested. There was soap scum buildup in the showers that people had carved their names on the shower wall. The mattress I slept on felt like it was the original mattress. The steps leading down to the water don't all have non-skid on them and are dangerous when wet as the tide comes in. I saw someone fall down the steps because of this. The rail at the top balcony is flimsy and will break eventually. The towels were small and not thick at all. I couldn't wait to get out of this place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diver622
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoodsport
8.3 km away
21.9 km away
No photo provided
Shelton Inn
#3 of 4 in Shelton

Been to Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK