All reviews one night maryhill winery large room choice hotels columbia river state park bit dated yogurt nice stay within walking distance would definitely stay here again first floor mt motel desk inns refrigerator
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

After a very long drive and no reservation, we pulled into the Quality Inn and Suites in Golendale, Washington.

Julie the front desk representative greeted us and worked us to get a room that suited us. We ended up in a large suite with a Mountain View. Julie was so personable and welcoming.
Our room was very large and clean! The bed, sheets and pillows were extremely comfortable. There was even a heart shaped jacuzzi, double sinks (pink) and a large walk-in closet. The decor is somewhat “80s” but reasonable in price. The pool was clean and inviting in the morning because the day started off pretty warm.

Next door, within walking distance, is a Mexican restaurant, “Ayutlas Family Restaurant.” The cheerful clean interior decor is a nice as any I’ve been to. There is a large menu, drinks and very friendly service.

I was concerned about stopping in Goldendale because it looks almost abandoned from the road, but looks are deceiving. This has been a great stop; a restful quiet night sleep and a well laid out breakfast in a large room in the morning. Even the cheerful housekeepers greeted us kindly and with optimism.

We’ve been on a three month road trip and have stayed at numerous hotels from 5-2 stars and this Quality Inn stands out as a friendly gem. Just don’t expect modern or “updated” but expect comfort, quiet and kindness.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Goldendale Washington never was a place I thought I would be staying at but I recently had work within the town and needed a place to stay. I was greeted by a suite lady named Julie who immediately acknowledged I spend a lot of time with Choice hotels and she was so nice. She booked my room and gave me my room key which was on the 2nd floor, and I said no first floor rooms ? I have a bad knee and requested first floor online. She felt so bad, she upgraded me to a first floor suite and kept saying she was sorry. I felt bad because she was so nice really. The hotel is older but had a good bed, decent lighting and was clean. The internet connection wasn't too good though and could be upgraded in the future. Property was well lit and felt safe. I would easily stay here again.

Room tip: First floor is best as they don't have an elevator
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second time for staying here. The staff was just great, because I am disabled Julie did everything she could to get me on the bottom floor. She finally had us switch with someone, they were happy, we were happy, she was happy. Everything worked out fine.
The room was neat, and comfortable.
They were completely full, but the rooms were quite and the noise level was very under control. It was nice and quite.
We definitely will be staying there again, and definitely would recommend anybody to stay there.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LANAM635
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Property is clean - with plenty of parking. Entrance to all rooms is from the outside. They accept pets, which is a requirement for me.

Room had been recently been redone with nice bedding. Refrigerator was rather small, but not a problem for me.

If I was driving through here again would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Front desk person was very nice and professional. Room was very small but clean and the bed was comfortable. It was about 13 miles from the Maryhill Winery where we went for a concert. There are not many hotel choices in Goldendale and this seemed like the best one. We didn't try the breakfast (went to the Town House about a mile away -- very good!). The pool looked inviting but alas, we didn't bring our swimsuits. Might stay here again for a future concert.

Date of stay: August 2017