“Dinner before an event”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Very friendly owners. we enjoyed ourselves quite a bit but probably not a great place to eat if you're in a hurry.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The hubs and I tried this place on a beautiful spring Sunday recently.

Pros:

The hostess/server was very friendly and accommodating. We sat in a tiny dining area (5 small tables) behind the kitchen but had a spectacular view of the harbor.

The food was really fresh and excellent. We had the coconut prawns as an appetizer- really good with the sweet chili dipping sauce. I had the crab cake entree. The seasonal veggies & rice were cooked perfectly, the crab cakes had good flavor but could have had a better sear on the outside for texture. My husband had the halibut & chips. The beer batter was the best we’ve had in the Pacific NW & fish was perfectly flaky and moist inside. The French fries, however, were a bit undercooked & soggy.

Cons:

One downside to this place is the poor layout & close quarters. The building seems to have been originally set up as separate office spaces and makes for a very choppy restaurant layout. Also the tv mounted to the wall in the dining area was distracting & unnecessary.

The other thing I noticed is that the whole restaurant could use a thorough cleaning. The window sills, walls and floors looked pretty neglected. The walls under the window by the tables had food splatter and the floors were pretty dingy around the edges. Also, when we were leaving I got a good look into the kitchen and noticed that the grill grates, cook top surface, and vent hood/back splash we’re pretty caked with splatter and grime. The floor under the base of the drink cooler out front was black with dirt & presumably mildew. I understand that it’s an old building and it looks a bit run down and tired inside, but a thorough scrubbing & some fresh paint could go a long way in brightening the space.

Overall, I’d eat here again. They certainly have the food and the view to compete with their neighbors. I think some extra attention to details would serve this place well.

1  Thank Horsepower1974
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We have tried several things on the menu and it’s all been exceptionally good. Each dish is made to order, so if you don’t care for an ingredient, they will adjust. We were treated like close friends from the get go. Very warm and cordial. Best fish and chips and exceptional crab cakes. Don’t plan to eat here if you are in a hurry. It’s not fast food. And of course, there is the view of Gig Harbor!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

This place has such a interesting feel to it. Dishes have an Indian bend to them, even the Paella is made with curry! Chef Richard is very flexible and will do anything you want to his dishes. Example: Paella has chicken and seafood, but he will make it with just seafood including octopus! The Jerked Chicken or Pork dinner can be made with yams, or with vegetables. They make homemade French Fries and Potato Chips. In fact, everything cooked to order. We will definitely return here!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience. Beautiful delicious food. Great view of Gig Harbor. Amazing service. My husband and I had such a lovely time. Hope to be back soon.