“Nervous turns to nice”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We walked in the door and it looked pretty much like a storm had struck. Dirty tables unattended, A harried waitress. We were taken to a booth in another room, but a large amount of food was spilled on the floor beneath the table and we asked to be moved. They took our order quickly. We decided to order something from the fryer trying to get food quickly and to get it hot. Our guess paid off and we had good fish and chips and chicken fingers and fries both with cole slaw, Not bad at all. Waitress also was smiling when we left. In fact we might try breakfast tomorrow.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We stopped here for lunch. Service was very good, but the food was a bit of a disappointment. I had the fish and chips, and it was much too heavy on the batter and not much fish. Fries were ok, and the coleslaw was quite good. Maybe my experience was out of the norm, and with a little tweaking the fish and chips could be good.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've never written a negative review of a restaurant but felt our experience was poor enough that you should know about it.
The hostess, who ended up being our waitress too, was checking another customer out when we walked in. With no greeting or eye contact, she grabbed menus and walked to a table and stood there...until I asked if the table was for us. She grunted something and pointed so we sat. Things did NOT improve from there.
In spite our attempts to encourage pleasant interaction, she remained cold and then when she brought our mediocre food, she plopped my plate on the table, making the soup spill and soak half of my sandwich. Part way through lunch, two women who were obviously friends walked in and she proceeded to talk loudly of her personal life with them, some of which made it obvious she is either the manager or owner of the restaurant. Sorry guys, but our hopes of a fun and pleasant mom and pop diner was anything but.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First dinner - Teriyaki sirloin ordered medium rare - mine was too rare... and the baked potato was probably fresh a day earlier. I am pretty forgiving but this was lousy. Second dinner - Seafood Alfredo --- plenty of seafood in a sauce that was little more than light green water. NO FLAVOR WHATSOEVER. The service was terrific and I wanted to eat and not complain .. prices are pretty reasonable but I won't be back.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Our food was fresh and good. We had cheese steaks and burgers with salads. Restaurant was very busy which is always a good sign (something I look for). Great service and coffee!

Been to The In Place? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK