All reviews north tower new tower non smoking great casino close to home free breakfast buffet prime rib red river cafe steam room rooms are nice casino floor slot machines the cantina walk in shower pool and hot tub hotel stay front desk staff
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The new extension of rooms feature 3 headed showers, numerous electrical outlets for smart phones, tablets. cpaps, and a secured parking lot. Ground floor access has to relaxing seating with fireplace and more electrical outlets. I would had preferred an in room safe, however the front desk can accommodate. There is an adjacent gas bar and small restaurant

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Abby Y, Social Media Administrator at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback! Here's a response from our Front Office Manager:

Thank you so much for providing us your feedback regarding your most recent stay here at the Silver Reef Casino.

The new tower does have an amazing shower setup with 3 shower heads which makes one want to stay there all day long to enjoy. In addition, the number of outlets is definitely usable for all of today’s technology gadgets like the tablets and phones. Our security team does an amazing job ensuring all of our guest’s safety by monitoring the parking lot throughout the whole day.

I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay with us here at the Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa.

I will be happy to welcome you back at your next visit here.

Regards,
Michelle Sollars
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Stayed overnight at the hotel & thought the room was one of the best I had ever stayed in! The quiet & comfort made this hotel excellent! Did not hear any noises from other rooms, no taps running, never heard a door close or anyone in hallway.......it was wonderful to see a hotel as well built as this one. The only downside was that they provided only 1 bar of soap {none for shower}. Casino was pretty standard and the buffet was a little lacking in choices, but all in all would stay here again!

Room tip: North Tower, top floor
1  Thank 636traveller
Abby Y, Social Media Administrator at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and use each review as an opportunity to continue to improve. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I hadn't been in a couple years and I'm pretty sure I paid even less to stay than I did before. Interesting that these accommodations are roughly half of what you would pay in neighboring BC during the summer so plan accordingly if you're thinking of a last-minute casino/hotel stay on either side of the border.

I was hoping to review the new tower but we were placed in the original hotel, not a problem at all really. I don't think these rooms are worn or dated despite some of the previous reviews. Still really like the proximity to the pool and spa and casino, very fast even if using the stairs.

Internet once again was a little iffy on occasion but this visit the air-conditioning was flawless and we needed it. Otherwise rooms are nice as always, no complaints. Check-in/out fast, friendly and accurate. Comfortable beds, clean, enjoyable as always.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We are happy to have met your expectations and will continue to strive to do so in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Came to Silver Reef Casino with my mother and husband last week, I was not able to get a drink, because they refused to accept any form of ID (temp. driver's license or my green card) that I had. More then that, they (bartenders) called security who was extremely unfriendly and rude and saying that I shouldn't stay but she will pretend nothing happened, so we can gamble. She came up to us 2 more times and we left with my mother and husband leaving their drinks unfinished. I was suggesting that I can step out if needed, but security lady was making a seen, so we didn't want to participate in it and just left. I don't think any of us would ever want to come back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Iren- P

Thank you for your feedback. If this issue has not been resolved, please contact us directly at the casino. You can also send a message to us directly on our facebook fan page. Thank you!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We recently stayed and played for my aunt's 60th birthday celebration. First, I want to say that the majority of the hotel staff was great. One lady there on Thursday night (wish I could recall her name!) hunted down a martini shaker for us, which I thought was extremely accommodating considering she could have just told us they didn't have any. Now, I work at the front desk of a hotel. The only room for improvement I could see, was the friendliness of the front desk. When we walked by or came to the desk, many did not smile or say hello. To me, that is essential for guest satisfaction. I did not mind either way, but I think that should be something to think about.

The rooms in the newer tower are gorgeous! Kudos to the designer for being able to combine modern decor with a comfortable at-home feeling. The showers are fantastic, and the coffee is very tasty. I would definitely stay here again. I also love that you offer members of the casino club a discount on some days. Plus, we received a free hot breakfast. The amenities are definitely worth it!

Okay, now for the restaurants in the casino. Panasia's food was moderately okay. The portion size is great and very filling, but it tasted pretty plain. The plus side was that we got to take a lot back to the room with us for later. However, the staff was not so good. I literally could have gone back into the kitchen and ordered myself. It was quite slow despite how empty the restaurant was, and they were not attentive at all. We had to get up to get things we needed, and the waitress did not ask us how everything was or if she could get us anything. Not to mention that she was not personable at all. It felt like she just wanted us to be gone as soon as possible.
The next night we opted for the seafood buffet, and were told it was about a 45 minute wait. An hour and a half later we checked with them but they said that they were just cleaning our table. 20 minutes later we checked back with them. They said there were still two groups ahead of us. So, having been lied to and been waiting for almost two hours, we decided to go to the cafe. The waitress there named Deanna was friendly, warm, and accommodating. After the experience we had at the other restaurants, it was refreshing to have someone like her serve us.

Other than that, the casino was fun, the price was reasonable, and my aunt had a good time. Thanks to the staff and everyone who did go above and beyond to make this special for her. We received a birthday gift from the hotel, which was a nice touch. Keep it up!

Room tip: Ask for a room in the newest tower!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your comments have been forwarded on to our management team. We use all feedback to work on improving in any way we can for our guests. Also, we agree, those showers are really fantastic!