All reviews travel center room was clean truck parking canadian border wa area pool and hot tub would stay again pleasant stay location is excellent coffee maker great place to stay bellingham freeway microwave
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Letter to cormporpmpor We had the worst stay of our life. We were promised a dog room. Called ahead days in advance and assured we would receive a dog room. Checked in 5 pm all 2 queen dog rooms were taken. Our dog had to stay in my sisters room. We had 1 pathetic pillow per person. 4 people q pillow each. I called down at 8 pm for extra pillows. The horrible excuse for and employee said to come get 1 or 2 which in itself is unsatisfactory as she was the only employee on hand. My wife went down. She was told we could have 1 pillow. My wife questioned why a hotel would only keep 1 pillow per guest. The woman rudely responded.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Aman S, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Bellingham Airport/Ferndale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry, that you were unable to check into a pet friendly room. We will look into why this happened so it doesn't happen again. Sorry about your pillows. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

We wanted to take a 3 day break to relax, and we didn't want to drive too far from Vancouver BC, so we decided on Ferndale.We were close enough to Bellingham , so we could shop, if we wanted to, and far enough to avoid the traffic , and bustle.I always check for a Super 8 wherever we go, because they are usually good, and reasonable, and this one didn't disappoint us.It was clean, and friendly, with an excellent pool, and a continental breakfast.We had an enjoyable weekend, and we would go there again.The only thing I would suggest is to bring your own pillows.The bed was great but my husband has to sleep with his head up a bit, and the single pillow was small.When we asked for another we were told that all the pillows were out already, so he piled some folded towels under his.If you have children with you, there is a wonderful playground at Star Park, which is close to the motel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I booked the Super 8 for one night. Here's my breakdown from my one-night stay:

Pros:
1) Young lady at the front desk when I arrived was very pleasant and helpful
2) Good coffee available 24/7; it was available at 4 AM for me (the time I had to get up)
3) Clean rooms
4) Lots of local restaurants delivered to the hotel, which was nice - I did not have a car and it was nice to be able to have dinner delivered to me
5) Conveniently located right off I-5.
6) The rooms have nice microwaves and the larger mini-fridges in the room.

Cons:
1) I called the hotel from Bellingham airport to see if they had an airport shuttle (they don't), and was put on hold....for 6 minutes. I then hung up and took a ride share service to the hotel (about 12 mins away). When I arrived, the young lady at the desk was helping another customer. When she finished, she asked me to hand on so she could take a call she had on hold. She checked and she said the person wasn't there; I told her that person was probably me. It's poor customer service to have a customer on hold for around 20 minutes.
2) The hotel is an older motel, so the furnishings are a little banged up. My dresser was missing most of it's trim with naked press-board exposed.
3) As I mentioned, I had to get up at 4 AM and leave the hotel by 5:30 AM. This meant that I would miss the hotel breakfast, which started at 6 AM. I did bring some oatmeal with me to make in my room using the microwave, but needed a plastic spoon and bowl to make it in. I went to the front desk and asked if I could have a spoon and a bowl from the roped-off breakfast room...and was told by the clerk (different from the young lady who put me on hold) that I could not have them. So I was forced to go back to my room and use the pizza box and the salad container from the previous night's dinner to make my oatmeal. (A picture of my culinary improvisation is attached to this review, where the banana I always add is mashed up on the pizza box and the cleaned-out salad container is holding my oatmeal.) This, to me, is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. If I had been able to stay for breakfast, I would have used that spoon and bowl anyway; the hotel wouldn't have been out the miniscule cost of those items. The clerk wouldn't even explain why I couldn't have them. Ridiculous, as I said.

I wanted to give this hotel a "poor" rating because of their spoon-and-bowl stinginess, but I couldn't because the rooms are decent (if a little worn) and basically average. But just be forewarned - bring our own plastic cutlery if you want to eat outside of their breakfast hours.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your positive feedback.Sorry, that the clerk said that to you when they shouldn't have. We will talk to all of our employees about this. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

It’s rare for me to post a review, and I’m not one to complain if a little thing here and there isn’t perfect, but the service I received at the Super 8 Ferndale left me seething. I have never had such unfriendly, unaccommodating service from a hotel receptionist, and I have done a lot of travelling in my life. There are two receptionists that work there. One of them is very friendly, thorough and professional. Unfortunately, the other one is not, and that’s who I’m writing about as that’s who I dealt with mostly. Upon check in she wasn’t particularly friendly, and only later in the day I realized she didn’t bother to mention that guests could use the services at the YMCA down the street. I only learned this after overhearing the friendly receptionist telling it to another guest. These two points are not worth complaining about, but it’s what happened at breakfast that has me writing.
Breakfast is served from 6am-9am. I arrived at 8:30, and noticed that there were no more eggs, or yogurt, the 2 main sources of protein they offered. I asked the receptionist if there were any more eggs, and she got up, got the egg container and disappeared. No comment that it would take a few minutes, or she’d be back. I waited about 10 minutes and no eggs, no yogurt. When I got up to leave the breakfast room, the receptionist looked at me as I left, but as she wasn’t particularly friendly and she didn’t say anything about the eggs I just assumed that there weren’t any to come. I then went to my car, and when I returned I saw that she was inside the breakfast room, and she had drawn the chain across the entryway to signify that breakfast was over. As it was still before nine, about 5 minutes to, I asked her if she had managed to get any more eggs, thinking that if she had, she would maybe just hand me one as I was still hungry. She said that yes, she had brought some, but that it didn’t matter now as the breakfast was over. She was not willing to bend at all, even when I showed her on my phone that it was not yet 9am.
As I checked out I said to her that she could stand to improve her customer service, and she said sorry (without any sincerity), and said that she was very busy behind the counter.
I really think that she needs to have a little hospitality training, or maybe change jobs.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate positive feedback. Sorry, about the front desk not restocking the breakfast and her closing breakfast early. She should not have done that. We will have a meeting about this so that this issue doesn't come up again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My check-in was effective and efficient, handled by friendly and courteous customer service staff. I was impressed with the ease of check-in, and with check-out the following morning. Kudos to the staff at this inn, and to their stellar service and presentation. I will endeavor to stay here on future occasions.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Aman S, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Bellingham Airport/Ferndale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Aman S | Manager