“Very nice diner with a Steakhouse feel”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #7 of 259 Restaurants in Federal Way
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: When people think of diners, they typically boil the food down to burgers and fries. Luckily, for those who love variety, Black Bear Diner Federal Way is so much more. Our dishes are not only varied, but are cooked to perfection and delivered by the friendliest staff you’ll ever come across. We invite you to being your friends, family, and co-workers in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and i went here for breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed the food. I had a Denver Omelet and there was so much filling the omelet could not contain it. It was a very hearty breakfast for a very reasonable price.
My wife did not care for the "biscuit" that was served. This is because it was more like a dinner roll. It was not a traditional biscuit. It was very bready (a yeast-made biscuit? Really?) and I could not eat more than a few bites.
The hash browns were a thing of beauty, and our server was prompt and delivered excellent service.
This is a good place to go for breakfast. I only wished we could have gone there for dinner too.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Great friendly staff and food was very good. The bread pudding looked amazing. So took some home. The food was hot. Portions were huge!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for breakfast anytime of day. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. It gets very busy on Saturday& Sunday mornings but the long lines move fairly quickly. Switch out the morning biscuit for the pancake (free to switch). Best tasting pancake. It’s like eating dessert. YUM.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Dining with four. Fish was direct from prepared frozen but the two teens said it was OK. Wife had the turkey plate, or at least half of it and said it was OK, but would never have ordered if known how bad it was first. Mine was the meat loaf that was virtually like canned dog food, soupy canned dog food at that. Contained a miriade of fillers to include a lot of carrots. And at last, the meat was almost raw. Upon departure, I asked to speak with the manager and he did come out of the back room. I explained about the meals and in particular, mine. He was difensive of course and acted like I was chasing a free meal when mine was left on the plate after two bites. At any rate, I insisted on paying for the meals and I did pay for them. If you value your money for a restaurant meal or expect any value in eating out, do not go into the restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I guess we were expecting a little more when we stopped here for lunch. Service was slow, from being seated at a table to getting an order placed and served. We each ordered burgers, which we just average, and fries. The fries were pretty good. That's all I have to say ... try it if you want.