“Expensive Meal, Soggy Fries”

Five Guys Burgers and Fries
Ranked #75 of 260 Restaurants in Federal Way
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My first time at a 5 Guys. I ordered their standard cheeseburger, with a few (free) extras like onions, lettuce, mayo, and ketchup, plus a regular order of fries, plus a milkshake (add 20 cents for whipped cream. Basically, I wanted a standard meal for one person from a burger joint. Add tax, and my total was $20.11!!! Normally, I hate it when TA reviewers ding a restaurant because of price, but I guess I am doing that myself. The burger was OK, not great. The fries were greasy/soggy to the point that I couldn't finish them - they were truly horrid. The shake was good, I must admit. Service was good, too. But, seriously, $20 for a burger meal??? And this wasn't for a bacon cheeseburger, or a triple burger, but a simple cheeseburger. On the plus side, all the extras are free --- condiments on the burgers, 'mix-ins' to the shake (I had a cherry shake). I knew their pricing going in, but if the burger, fries, and shake were truly exceptional, I wouldn't have a complaint. I don't mind spending more money for good food. The burger, however, was NOT exceptional (mediocre, at best), the fries were horrid (!!!), and the shake was the one item that saved this from a one-star. I am sorry, but I won't be back.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

The burgers and fries are well cooked. Good selection of toppings. The only downside is that everything tends to be a little greasy.

The chairs are somewhat uncomfortable, especially if you have any sort of back issues.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We have ordered little bacon cheese burger and fries. The burger was not that little, it was still big. If we have ordered the regular size, Im sure we wont be able to finish it. Burgers were so good along with the fries. People with peanut allergy should avoid this place for they cook peanut oil in their food. You can choose as many toppings as you want for your burger and mix ins for the milkshakes. Unlimited sodas as well.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I like the atmosphere here. Unpretentious. Friendly. The burgers are good with lots of customization possible. Very complete soft drink dispenser. This is the ONLY eatery that I have ever been to that I was able to get diet orange soda. Most commonly it is impossible in a restaurant to get a caffeine-free, diet soft drink. I have been here several times and no disappointments.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Most everyone loves Five Guys if you love burgers. Not too many chains have won as many awards as Five Guys. Burgers fries and shakes... nothing more... but what more do you need if they are done right!