“Good option in Everett” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Everett
West Coast, USA
“Good option in Everett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for three nights in a suite. It was one of those rare, elusive hotel suites -- an actual suite with a door that closed the bedroom off from the living area!

The room was comfortable. There was not quite enough room for all the furniture, so it looked like the furniture was arranged by someone's crazy aunt. It worked well enough, though. We had a minifridge, coffeemaker and microwave. The bed was comfy, although the teenager complained about the pullout couch.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. Wide selection, including steamed rice and miso soup, cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, soy milk, cereal, and enough other selections to keep our entire family happy, including the vegan. Our littlest was absolutely delighted by the automatic pancake machine.

The staff was always professional, friendly and helpful when we had questions or needed assistance.

The only drawback was that it's a little hard to find this place from 128th. It's set back from the street, and you have to wind through a maze of parking lots to find it.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnonymousMe
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Calgary, Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Front-end staff was friendly.

Parking is a little dicey, as it is kind of a sketchy area (right next to a Casino), I wanted to park my car in front of the hotel, very limited parking right in front of the hotel.

Sitting right on top of the 1-5 freeway, it is loud. Sounds like your window is wide open all night long. Nearly impossible to get a peaceful night's sleep.

Hotel gym is very minimal- 2 treadmills and a bike, and some weights. Window was propped open for more ventilation.

I have stayed at very nice Holiday Inn Express hotels, this is definitely not one of them. The room was kind of small/dingy. The tv was limited to 25 channels. On the upside, the internet (free) was flawless and room (though dated a bit) was clean and the beds were comfortable. We have unfortunately booked for several nights and are stuck here (would have moved hotels if anything nearby was available). Would not recommend or ever re-book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
washington dc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I think I was upgraded to the suite room and it was really spacious. The sale manager, Rachel was very friendly and nice. If you need anything, she will do her best to work things out for you so just ask.

Hotel itself was nothing different from other holiday Inn. Relatively new facility, I thought. Free breakfast but no waffle. More bang for the money, I thought. No restaurant on site.

If you get hungry, you can order pizza nearby. Jetcity pizza (forgot exact name)? was pretty good.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

I am remiss in not writing this sooner as I was so impressed. We were attending a Christmas Party at a friends place and it was too far to drive home after the party and the weather was pretty nasty so we made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in Everett. We always like to stay at Holiday Inn Express and we are members of Priority Rewards. We have always found the properties to be consistent. the bedding is always perfect and you know what you are going to receive in the way of internet, and Plasma TV . Their Reception area was decorated nicely for Christmas and was quite warm and welcoming. But Nicholas Pruett , the manager went beyond our expectations. I discovered when we got home I had left my night gown behind on the bathroom hook, we only live about 40 miles from Everett and I called and asked if they had found it and if so could them mail it back to me, I would be happy to pay the postage, Nicholas said no problem they had found it and would mail it back. Well I never received it and thought it was just a case of not following through with a promise but to my amazement he called me and told me that they had got back because they didn't have enough postage and that he would send it again. the next day. I was very impressed and once again i waited a couple of weeks and didn't get it. But I did get a letter apologizing for not getting me the package sooner, now get this, they also sent me a gift certificate for a free nights stay to make up for not getting me the gown sooner. I was quite pleased, and somewhat amused because I still had not received the package. A few weeks later it magically appeared in my mail box. It wasn't the most expensive nightie I have ever owned but I really liked it and although I would not have been heart broken if I never received it was very special and heart warming to get it and the gift certificate as well as to know that there are people like Nicholas, who follow through and go above and beyond.
As you say on your key cards Ahhhhh

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We picked this hotel because of the really good reviews.Now we know they were telling the truth!

We loved our 4 nights here. The room was loaded with pleasant amenities. The front desk staff were far and above better than most other hotels.

We like the nightly meal the served - a nice cost savings! The breakfast was very good, too - the same as most Holiday Inn Expresses.

Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family