“Great Cafe!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The cafe offers a diverse American menu with world-wide influences. Made with fresh, local ingredients and set in charming downtown Dayton.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had a wonderful three course meal here prepared by the chef. Small and quaint but on par with some of the best restaurants. Delicious local place.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Love the food, Love the atmosphere, Love the staff, Love the location! There is not an item on the menu that I have not loved.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

First night in Dayton we had dinner here. They had a spaghetti dinner special with salad, bread, pasta with marinara sauce. We added meatballs at a modest cost. It came with lemon cake for dessert. It was so good we went the next night. The special was steak and it was excellent with vegetables, potatoes, bread. Both nights we enjoyed local red wines which are excellent in this region of the state. If we were going to be here a third night, which we are not, we would go back again. I recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

great dinner and great atmosphere. We came for a date night and had a great meal and a delicious dessert that we shared.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Both I and my spouse are gluten intolerant and in addition I am dairy intolerant. They were able to work with us and have even marked items on the menu that are or can be gluten free. Make sure that you are very specific about what you can and cannot have and remind the server as well before she/he goes back with the order. I specifically stated that I could not have gluten or dairy and ordered a chef salad and they were very accommodating considering that it was dinner and this is normally a lunch item. The salad was very good, but unfortunately there was a smattering of Parmesan cheese on the salad. It wasn't enough to cause major problems with me--only minor, but had I had an allergy instead of an intolerance, I would have had to send the salad back. They try, but don't always catch everything. The gluten free seems easier for them to handle than the dairy intolerance. As stated before they at least try. The food is very good, just be careful if you cannot have certain food groups.

WeinhardCafe, Owner at Weinhard Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for joining us. I personally made your meal and the kitchen was not told of your dairy intolerance, only the gluten. I do apologize that it was not how you ordered it, and we would have been happy to remake it for you. We were very busy that night with last minute reservations and several walks in's that did not allow us to staff more appropriately. All of my staff including myself are human and do occasionally make mistakes. So we do apologize, and hope you are able to join us again.

Been to Weinhard Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK