“Great Oriental Dishes”

South Pacific Bistro
Ranked #15 of 63 Restaurants in Chehalis
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

A bit of Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese choices give you lots of options. Lunch special is a real bargain.
The place is small and can get crowded. Take out is available. Wonderful owners who truly care and absolutely delicious food. Glad I found this place!

Thank A'Channa Kichiw... V

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I don;t like to eat here. The food is so so, I just don't eat here! I have tried it several times, but not anymore!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

South Pacific Bistro used to be one of my very favorite places to eat when I lived in Lewis County, WA for over a decade. Their 9-flavored beef stood out as a unique, consistent winner in my mind. So it was with relish that I happened to be passing through and was able to order it again after an 8 year interlude. The atmosphere and friendly owner/staff folks were every bit the same--as well as the quirky location and need to park in the back. I ordered my entree to-go and it took about 15 minutes for it to be ready. And when I arrived at the park and dug my fork into that beef, it became clear that the recipe had changed. Now the beef is pot-cooked instead of stir-fried. Flavoring was every bit as good, but I liked the old recipe better because the beef turned out a tad too moist and the stir frying had helped the flavors to meld. Don't get me wrong--it's still holds its own. On the other hand, the fried rice was sadly tasteless and quite bland. Barely a step up from plain white rice. So ask them to season it more strongly. I suspect a lot of non-foreign food experienced locals prefer little to no spicing, so tell them to boost the seasoning and intensity of flavors if you want to level things up.

1  Thank Jcwill5
Reviewed 20 May 2017

My wife and eat take out from here a couple of times a month. The food is very fresh tasting and consistent in quality. Portions are reasonable. There is a large variety on the menu and the dishes are well described. This restaurant is run by a husband and wife of Asian heritage and they are very friendly and kind folks. Often their daughter is there doing her homework after school. The restaurant is not large but very clean and there is seating for 30 or more people. This place always seems busy but you often may not realize it since almost all of the parking is behind the building and not very visible from the street, so don't leave thinking no one is eating there. They are closed on Sunday.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Great food and fusion of Vietnamese and Chinese. Very fresh and tastes like home cooked. Love the 9 flavor tofu. Very good value for $$

1  Thank _taraleno530