“Very Good Food & Service”

Roots Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Roots Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Camas
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 192nd
Description: Fresh, seasonal and local food.
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Returned here for combination Birthday & Mother's Day celebration. Group of 8; "long" table so difficult to have conversation with those not immediately by you. Service from start to finish was top notch. We started with several appetizers -- the flat breads were simply outstanding, bursting with flavor. Several folks in our party had one of the specials, Sea Scallops; they all commented that they were the best they had ever had. My wife gave me half of one of her's & I would agree with their assessment. I had the other special, Rack of Lamb; while it was pretty good, the scallops were hands down better. Two in the party had the Filet -- they were HUGE & both said they were excellent. For dessert, we had a mix of the chocolate mousse cake & key lime pie -- both were very, very good. Noice level was pretty loud.

2  Thank TravelSinceRetired

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Roots had so many brunch choices I could hardly choose. I ended up having the spinach and mushroom eggs Benedict and it was amazing! The potatoes on the size were seasoned perfectly and were plenty in size. The hollandaise was light and flavorful. So good! This is a higher end restaurant for the area but was very affordable for brunch. I will go again and again!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

My husband took me to Roots for Valentines Dinner. They originally wanted to seat us in, what I would call The Cave but we asked to be seated somewhere else and they did accommodated us. There is nothing very different about this restaurant from all the rest but the prices. The food was good but not exceptional. Would we go back? maybe.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We always have a great experience at Roots - from appetizers to the main course. The food is always fresh, well prepared, and a good value.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Hubby had day off so we treated ourselves to lunch @ Roots. On the pricier side, the quality, service and healthy food consistently mirrors the adage, "you get what you pay for."
We enjoyed two delicious salads - their Gem salad w/small delicately flavored salmon pieces & their spinach, bacon & egg salad with a scrumptious lemon vinaigrette. Hubby had GF fish & chips which he enjoyed tho the change to GF altered the flavors a bit so it was slightly bland but the sauces served with the meal upgraded the taste. I opted for a hamburger sans bun; which was good though I wouldn't recommend the cheese as w/out bread it simply congeals; not that flavorful either so I took it off the meat. Fries were scrumptious.