“EXCELLENT FOOD”

Roots Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Roots Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Camas
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 192nd
Description: Fresh, seasonal and local food.
Reviewed 26 April 2018

My husband took me to Roots for Valentines Dinner. They originally wanted to seat us in, what I would call The Cave but we asked to be seated somewhere else and they did accommodated us. There is nothing very different about this restaurant from all the rest but the prices. The food was good but not exceptional. Would we go back? maybe.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We always have a great experience at Roots - from appetizers to the main course. The food is always fresh, well prepared, and a good value.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Hubby had day off so we treated ourselves to lunch @ Roots. On the pricier side, the quality, service and healthy food consistently mirrors the adage, "you get what you pay for."
We enjoyed two delicious salads - their Gem salad w/small delicately flavored salmon pieces & their spinach, bacon & egg salad with a scrumptious lemon vinaigrette. Hubby had GF fish & chips which he enjoyed tho the change to GF altered the flavors a bit so it was slightly bland but the sauces served with the meal upgraded the taste. I opted for a hamburger sans bun; which was good though I wouldn't recommend the cheese as w/out bread it simply congeals; not that flavorful either so I took it off the meat. Fries were scrumptious.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Made an end of the work week Happy Hour visit. Service, menu and quality of food were excellent as always.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Wow, now I wonder why I haven’t heard about this place before now – everything was delicious! Used Trip Advisor to find this place – was looking for a local ‘farm-to-table’ bistro for dinner and found a real gem! First off – if you want to go on the weekend for dinner, I highly recommend making reservations! I did and when we arrived on a Friday evening, there was a crowd waiting outside. With a reservation, we were taken immediately to our table. The menu changes with the season – as they pride themselves on using locally procured items. My wife tried the Short Ribs and I had their daily special of a Porchetta; both were excellent! Our server was very attentive and the Pineapple Margarita he recommended was very tasty. A bit loud inside the place – but was to be expected for a Friday night. Yes, we will be back!