All reviews hot tub overlooking the water state park bed and breakfast next morning breakfast was included kathy tubs groupon
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Hard to beat the location and the views of this place. Amazing. The staff was all really nice and helpful. The upkeep on the place left a lot to be desired. There were moldy/mildewy shower tiles/grout. Paint was peeling off copiously outside on our patio above the hot tubs. The hot tubs were really nice--hard to find a better hot tub view. The beds were really quite lumpy and uncomfortable. The decor was quite dated. The housekeeping staff couldn't seem to get their towel game together. We started with 4 towels on day one, then after they cleaned up the next morning we were down 2--asked for more but none ever came. And the kitchen was across the hall from a number of rooms, which made for a loud experience while meals were being served.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Lovely place, wonderful caring staff, Really enjoyed our stay. Breakfasts were good, and we ate dinner on site both nights. Excellent! Yes , maybe yes to some updating but we really enjoyed our 2 night stay and would not change anything..

Room Tip: We had the room at the end..a little more privacy but no spa tub..
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Had very little interaction with staff but those we met were nice. Ate breakfast one of the mornings and skipped it the next as it wasn't anything special (particularly didn't like the watery orange juice and that they didn't have any milk).

Interior spaces and decor need updating (think 1980s) and repair. In our room, number 7, the outdated carpet was rippled everywhere (a tripping hazard for some) and fraying in many places; there is a tiny and dingy shower and toilet room in need of repair (cracked vinyl floor tiles that are coming up, dirty grout and caulking, banged up and cracked molding, stained plastic shower enclosure, one of two light fixtures not working); there are holes in the walls and unpainted wall repairs; sinks, lighting and vanity are outdated with ill-fitting fixtures; the screen door easily comes off the tracks and doesn't close completely or lock; there are no luggage racks; and, the decor (carpet, drapes, decorative bedding) is dark (lots of maroon) and all polyester.

Our bed was like sleeping on a bowl of jello; the bed frame was creaky; and, the pillows were thin and lumpy. Towels were soft and absorbent, but fraying. Sheets were thin and ill-fitting, bunching up. There was no covering on the bright blue factory fabric on the box springs (I'd have expected a fitted sheet to cover the box springs on this type of bed).

Our room was upstairs, and across from us was a hallway that is apparently used for storage - a rollaway bed and stacked chairs one night, then stacked chairs and wheeled cart another night.

This could be a nice place due to its location, but feels like it's been left behind and neglected. Brighter, beachy colors and natural textiles (carpet, drapes decorative bedding) would help, along with new mattresses, pillows and towels, and some spackle and paint. Even better, additionally, would be a tiled new shower enclosure and floor and a new vanity with updated sinks, fixtures and lighting ... at least use the same type of bulb ... right now, there's a row of may be eight to ten light bulbs and the bulbs vary from frosted to clear and aren't the same wattage.

View is wonderful. But for the price, all told, $300 per night ... not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana R
Reviewed 29 July 2017

The new chef at the restaurant is doing some amazing things with local ingredients and wines. Chef Dylan is working hard to bring in the local and vacation crowd. His Mussels sweet onion, chorizo, beer broth is sooooo good. The broth, and combination of mussels and chorizo are perfect. However, the best item on the menu, for me, is the house made Burrata salad. the burrata is out of this world. Love that he is bringing in local produce and wine. Also had the clam chowder, clammy with sweet corn and butter. Great for a cool evening and good with the burrata. Go often and choose something different each time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie W
Reviewed 8 July 2017

December 2016 UPDATE: So this will be our third and final review. Our actual stay at this Inn was so terrible that we didn’t want anything to do with this place anymore, hence the delay in this update. However, this story keeps coming up in our lives as undoubtedly the worst customer service we’ve ever experienced, so we thought we owed the TripAdvisor community an update.

After our conversation with Susan detailed below, my partner and I were quite excited to stay at this Inn. Susan had offered us the beach house because the rooms we were hoping to book at the Inn were all reserved for our available dates, so we humbly accepted. Check in was great and the people seemed lovely. Simply put, the customer service was initially great and our first night there was wonderful.

Flash forward to the next morning. It was our friend’s birthday so we invited her (Friend #1) and another friend (Friend #2) up to Camano for a hike at Cama Beach State Park and have lunch with us at the beach house. We’re early risers so they arrived about 7AM so that we could get an early start. Friend #2 stayed back at the house initially to watch football (it was bowl season) and was going to meet up with us shortly thereafter, and my partner, Friend #1, and I headed out to Cama Beach.

This is when things spiraled out of control. While on our hike, we received a call from Friend #2 who said that she just received a visit from an extremely abrasive woman who told her she had to leave. I calmed her down and we stopped by the Inn on the way back (we had to pick up some paperwork). No one was at the Inn when we arrived, so we called the number on the door, and spoke to Sherry (Sheryl?). Apparently, she was the one who had just left the beach house and had interacted with Friend #2. She immediately started yelling at us for "taking advantage of the Inn" and "having ALL these people over" and "how dare you". We asked her what she was talking about and she brazenly accused us of having too many people stay overnight at the Inn. She said the agreement had been that only two people were allowed to stay there and that when her husband drove by in the morning, he noticed two cars in the driveway. I was never given a moment to explain myself, with Sherry continually raising her voice at me and interrupting any explanation I tried to give. We waited for her to arrive at the Inn, hoping to have a constructive conversation in person, but when she arrived, she continued to berate us. We tried to explain that our friends were only here for a few hours and neither of them were spending the night, but she continuously expressed disbelief at our story. She repeatedly told us that everyone but the two of us had to leave immediately.

I respect that the Inn has the right to have a policy limiting the number of people who can stay, and I am not disputing that. What I take issue with, however, is the manner in which we were treated. Sherry was rude, condescending, and accusatory in such an abusive manner that led to the most horrifying customer service experience we’ve ever had. We simply had two friends come up for a few hours. No one else stayed the night but the two of us. By her tone, however, you’d think we were a bunch of college kids throwing a raging party. We are adult professionals, and were hoping for a relaxing weekend on Camano Island. Instead, we were treated with the most disrespect we've ever experienced. If it’s an issue having two people stay with us for a few hours during the day, that’s fine, but please communicate that to us in the tone of a professional, respectful human being who works in the hospitality industry, rather than with the accusatory, aggressive, and attacking tone we were treated to.

Soon after this interaction with Sherry, our friends left. We proceeded to call Susan (the GM), who apologized and stated that our friends could stay for lunch or part of the day and that it wasn’t a problem and to just relax and enjoy the rest of the trip. However, by that point, our friends were gone, and looking back, we should have left as well because it was impossible to enjoy the rest of our stay after this incredibly negative experience.

Bottom line: The actual beach house was great and Camano Island is a beautiful place; however, Sherry’s customer service was disproportionately unpleasant and downright insulting. It’s unfortunate that the behavior of one person has so strongly affected our feelings about the Camano Island Inn and community, but it’s safe to say we will not be returning.

November 2016 UPDATE: Soon after I posted my review, I was contacted by the general manager, Susan, who apologized profusely for the actions of her employee. Susan was a delight to speak to and it was clear she was genuinely sorry for the poor customer service. We have booked a stay at the Inn for December and will be back to update this review when we do!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: *This review is in regard to the customer service, NOT the actual stay, which unfortunately does not seem likely to ever happen after this experience.

I was looking for a nice Christmas getaway for my partner and me, and we saw the many positive reviews for the Camano Island Inn. A place on the beach? With a private hot tub? You don't need to ask me twice! Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. I called to check on the availability of the rooms around 7PM tonight. After a few failed attempts at reaching the Inn over the phone, someone finally answered my phone call. The conversation proceeded as follows:

Inn: "Who's calling?"

Me: "Hi, this is ___ and I'm calling about booking a room at the Camano Island Inn."

Inn: "Yea, well, I'm off duty now, which is why I wasn't answering your calls, so you need to just leave a message and I'll call you back tomorrow."

I was shocked at the rude tone of the person's voice on the other end and the lack of professionalism. I've never had this kind of experience in the hospitality industry, and quite honestly, "hospitable" is not a word that I would use to describe this Inn. Needless to say, we will be looking elsewhere for our holiday vacations and can only caution future travelers about the customer service at the Camano Island Inn.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple