“Fresh flavorful ingreients”

Bangkok Bistro
Ranked #23 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The appetizers are wonderful but you won't finish your main dish if you order them. I had the Pad Thai with pork and my friend had the garlic chicken both dishes were excellent and came in large portions. We had the spring rolls for an appetizer and it was also excellent. What distinguishes this restaurant is the freshness of their ingredients. The only reason I did not give the restaurant 5 stars is the ambience. It is about the same for many Asian restaurants. If you come for the food you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Excellent food in every respect but one, including presentation. Very good service. Our dishes involved Pad Thai noodles and a rice on the same plate, which I have not encountered before in a Thai restaurant. One was a red curry and the other was mixed vegetables, both with prawns. The Pad Thai noodles were a little too gummy (part of that is of the essence of the dish) for me, but my wife thought they were perfect. Everything else was very tasty and fresh-tasting, with one exception: the beautiful jumbo prawns (six on each plate!) had no taste at all. We've experienced this before in countless restaurants. Shrimp or prawns with little or no flavor. Ah well...the curry was so delicious it didn't matter as much as it might have.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

The outside of the Bangkok Bistro doesn't look very impressive, but the food is terrific. We stopped there for lunch and were very impressed. We had lunch specials which included Pad Thai, barbecue pork and Massaman curry--pretty standard Thai fare--and they all were excellent. Lunch specials also included a bit of salad with sweet and sour chili sauce as dressing. Portions were substantial and prices were very reasonable. We will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I am not sure what is going on in the Mount Vernon/Burlington area but they have two very good Thai food restaurants. I have eaten at several but two rise to the top in my opinion. Bangkok Bistro is one of them. Both have great Thai food, both care about their customers and the quality of food. The food is superior at both places, but Bangkok Bistro comes in number 2. I reviewed the previous restaurant several months ago. So Bangkok Thai has a great Salad with a Moe Ploy dressing that is very inviting. Their curries we had Red and Matsuman. Both were delicious, but the curry at Bangkok is not wok fried and for me that is a significant difference. Service at both is excellent, Bangkok is much larger and nicely appointed.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

The food is tasty and the service is friendly. Best Thai food in town, with a great selection and generous portions. A great value!