“Hidden Favorite ”

Curious Chef
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This little cafe is almost hidden in the Outlets in Burlington,WA. Their food is homemade. That means they roast their turkey, make their own mashed potatoes, and serve dinners with fresh vegetables and a salad. I have frequented this place for several years by eating there as well as ordering and picking up to take a meal to my elderly mother. Prices are reasonable, the restaurant is clean , food is yummy. I recommend this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A family cafe environment. Booths and tables both are available, so handicapped access is easily accommodated.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stopped at Curious Chef due to all the great reviews on TripAdvisor.
We pulled up to restaurant at around 4:30 PM on a Wednesday, thought it was closed. No one was parked in front and the place was empty.
My chicken melt was dripping fluid from the canned mushrooms. My son's chicken strips were pre made, frozen, fried and all breading with hardly any chicken. My daughter did enjoy her Eggs Benedict, but the fresh country potatoes tasted like frozen and reheated potatoes.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Wow! the menu is HUGE! The portions are great & the food is excellent. You can have breakfast all day or they have a wonderful selection on sandwiches, salads, main courses. Oh My, too many to mention. The servers are fabulous!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I love there taco salad...so fresh and tasty. Have also had the bacon,lettuce, tomato sandwich on sourdough also delicious. Love the ham and cheese melt, and the beef dip. If I share with a friend, portions are generous I love the apple pie !

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Who knew? I never go to the Outlet Mall so had no idea this wonderful place is here. I needed to kill time in the morning so had BF here. After looking @ the reviews..one of which said they make Monte Cristo sandwiches the 'right way' I was hooked into going. They do make an awesome MC....in fact so loaded I took 1/2 home. Great waitress...who gave me the option of a fresh fruit bowl instead of the usual lunch sides. Also...coffee is decent. I would love to find a BF place that makes 'real' hollandaise sauce for the Egg Benedict as they have quite a few selections in this category. My only complaint is that they don't serve the traditional red current jelly with the MC...instead give you a small pitcher of maple syrup.