The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 77
US$ 73
Comfort Inn Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
US$ 115
GuestHouse Inn Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 110
QualityInn
Best Western Heritage Inn(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
La Quinta
US$ 219
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
Hotels.com
All reviewswindow seattrain noisebellingham bayview roombay windowsoaking tubgas fireplacehear trainswater viewbeautiful hotelthird floorpacific northwestsan juan islandsfairhaven areaunderground parkingbeautiful roomking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is one of Washington's best-kept secrets! Seriously, the Chrysalis is understated luxury right on Puget Sound. The room, the staff and the spa are top-notch. We went on a special package offered on the website which was an incredible value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Went for a wedding. Everything was clean, nice, yummy, just a nice get away. Great place for walkers. Long walk to Bellingham, short walk to Fairhaven. Good staff, nice rooms. Some folks at the wedding could definitely hear the train right next door more than others.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Hubby and I came to the spa for a couples massage. The spa is amazing. So clean and pretty. The staff are all so accomodating to your every need. They really treat you like royalty here. The massage was divine, but yet pretty pricey. But the nice thing is you can stay as long as you like just lounging around in a robe or sit in the steam room. My only complaint is the locker room is tiny. It is very awkward for changing. And also the lockers were so small I could barely get all my things in. Also I wish that the relaxation room overlooked the water. But it is on the complete opposite side of the building. I definitely want to return to this spa!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scrabblequeen11
Reviewed 26 February 2010

We went here for a quick mini-vacation and to take a tour of Western Washington University for our teenage son.

We had a suite with a king-size bed and a wonderful window-seat/bed that we all wanted to sleep in (our son won). The view was better than anything in Seattle for a third of the price of the Edgewater (the only place in Seattle on the water). The Chrysalis is also right by a public pier and a long walking trail that winds through a good-sized park next door. Bellingham has got to be one of the best walking and biking cities anywhere.

There are also several decent restaurants within a few blocks.

I'm not sure why this is listed in the "B&B" section on tripadvisor and we almost missed it. It is a hotel.

My wife also loved the spa. The breakfast was a good, but needs some more choices (and meat for us old-fashioned protein cavemen). The service was universally efficient and polite.

I know some people here have complained about the train and it is about as close as you can get. It woke me a couple of times, but I happen to love trains so actually enjoyed it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank zogduke
Reviewed 24 February 2010

The spa here is awesome, the steam room is very nice, and the locker rooms (although rather small) are very nice, and have all the immenities needed. I liked that along with hairdryers, there are straightners as well. The message therepists are wounderful, and i higly reccomend the hot stone message. Also, I like the waiting area for the message, it is very peaceful, serene, and they provide numerous tea flavors. As I was sitting, they offered me a heating pad for my neck. Overall, the employee's are great, and they're services were awesome. Enjoyed the spa very much!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple