All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsyogurtfront desk staff were very friendlypancake machinefirst floorcomplimentary breakfastbiscuits and gravynext morningbellis fair mallrooms are cleanfridge and microwaveparking lotbooked this hotelbed was comfortablenice staystayed one night
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I visited Seattle for a trip right before she returned to college. The evening before we spent the day in Vancouver we stumbled across this hotel. This is no typical HIE. I later learned at checkout that the company has rebranded itself and this is one of their flagship hotels. Simply Incredible. The hotel itself is really well laid out. Spacious open areas and the rooms were too. Beds were great, temp control, showers, iron...everything needed was great. Rooms include mini frig, coffee maker with k cups and microwave. If all HIE end up like this one, I've found a new hotel partner. If in the area, definitely stay here. You won't regret it! Btw, staff to include the cleaning crew are the nicest ever. What a positive change to your typical hotel experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John I
HIEBellingham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear John,

Thank you for all the kind words about our hotel, we definitely appreciate the feedback. We are glad our hotel and staff was excellent during your stay. We are glad you stumbled across us and decided to stay. Hope you can make it our way again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3nights on the first floor with kitchenette. It was nice and quiet even near the lobby. Also microwave popcorn was there in the room for us . I certainly enjoyed staying. Housekeepers were very nice however lack of staffs, they came into our room to refresh was pretty late but still did a good job. Our Beds were super comfortable. Only negative thing I can say about this place is, they don't have guests laundry room for stay overs. They have laundry service, 3.50 per pound. We've been traveling since June and every IHG we've been to have laundry facility for the guests so I had to drive 2 times to go to local laundromat which was very inconvenient. 2 front desk clerks on staff certainly help expedite the fast check in and out.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HIEBellingham, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear akjusttobehonest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for not having a laundry room on site. We will pass along the feedback to our upper management. Other than that we are glad to hear your stay was comfortable. Again we are truly sorry about the inconvenience.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

To be fair to the hotel, I would've rated it a 5 star if not for rudest front desk clerk ever. The beds were comfortable and rooms clean. The continental breakfast was fair and as one would expect.
But, Robin the night clerk, was nothing short of vile and miserable. She must hate her job and doesn't mind conveying such to customers.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HIEBellingham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Russ,

We apologize for our front desk staff's poor service and unfriendly demeanor. We will address this issue with them directly. This is definitely not how we operate here and I will make sure that will not happen again.

We are glad to hear the hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the feedback and staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed there will traveling in Washington. The facility was very well maintained and staff was great. My only complaint was the area where breakfast was served. It was way to small, seating hard to find and that morning noisy. Otherwise a great place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank egreenrn
HIEBellingham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear egreenm,

Thank you for staying with and providing feedback about your stay. We understand how limited the space is at the breakfast bar area, we are looking into what we can do to improve that problem.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here off and on for ten years. It is so well maintained. It's as new today as ten years ago. The TV in my room is huge. The grounds are really nice... large back patio with flowers, fountain, umbrella tables. Fresh and clean.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
HIEBellingham, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Debbie02,

We appreciate you staying with us off and on. Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. Glad to hear over the ten years the consistency of our hotel meets expectations each time. Hope to see you again soon.