“Friendly Service, Great Food”
Review of El Agave

El Agave
Ranked #69 of 474 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were greeted by the friendly staff. They took time to make us feel welcome and check on us while dining. The food portions were generous and the food was tasty. The chile rellenos were tops! The atmosphere was casual and enjoyable. We would return again and recommend to others.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Very nice! My wife and I go there at least once a month and all ways have had friendly service and GOOD food and the margaritas aren't bad ether.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We took a try at the mexican restaurant 2 doors away from our hotel,the "Days Inn" and what an excellent choice it was!! We arrived at 7PM and were seated within minutes. While looking at the menu (something for everyone) we were brought a large basket of fresh warm chips and 2 types of salsa. We weren't flying out till next afternoon so we decided to have a few beers before we ordered food. Good sekection and although we were a few minutes late for specials I jokingly said we had travelled all the way from Canada (50min). We were eating chips and salsa and without asking they refilled basket of chips and more salsa. When we ordered meals they arrived within minutes. We all ordered different meals and all loved the food. Meals were piping hot, flavorful and very filling. We finished our meals, skipped dessert and were pleasantly surprised when our first beverages were on the happy hour pricing.. We will definitely return to the El Agave...

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We wanted big margaritas and lotsa food after completing the Bellingham Bay half & full marathon. We aren't from the area so we did a search and found El Agave. It was perfect!! What we loved the most was: we weren't rushed. At so many other Mexican restaurants, food comes out 3 mins after ordering. We enjoyed the chips and salsa, our delicious drinks and then a wonderful dinner. I had a monster burrito while my friend ordered fajitas. We ate every bite! On a normal night, I would've been able to only eat 1/3 of the burrito but I was famished after the race. I highly recommend El Agave.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

El Agave has the BEST spinach tamales! I can never find vegetarian tamales, but they had them and they were amazing! The service was fantastic too.