“Expected more”

Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 568 Restaurants in Bellevue
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar in downtown Bellevue, WA is brought to you by renowned chef John Howie, providing guests with freshly prepared seafood, as well as steak, poultry, pastas and a raw bar serving sushi and rolls. Enjoy the comfort of the luxurious Seastar dining room or the upbeat Raw Bar for drinks, cocktails or happy hour. Private dining and catering is available.
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Visited with locals. Very nice décor. Space between tables that allows an actual conversation. Nice, diverse group of guests. Restaurant was busy and had a nice buzz. Professional and polished service. Food was very good but not extraordinary for the price. Issue was that even with a reservation we were not treated with the appropriate respect and welcome. Given a table that was better suited for a sports bar and to just have drinks. When we asked to move, told us that it is all that we have, etc. etc.. Refused it and eventually they found a better table but still not great. I expected more. Maybe regulars get treated better.

2  Thank Dogwalkinthepark

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for drinks and a bite at the bar. When the bartender noticed I hadn’t enjoyed the chowder and asked if I didn’t enjoy it I said it was a little heavy handed on the flour. His response was to say he’d let the chef know “He’s a big guy”
Clearly so self absorbed they don’t have a clue about customer service.

1  Thank SeaBrent
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I recently had the opportunity to dine again at Seastar Restaurant. They just seem to get better each time I go there. The appetizers were incredible. The experience was almost worth ordering nothing but a selection of appetizers to satisfy the most discriminating palate. The preparations were creative, savory, and distinctive. But the meal to follow was indescribable.

For those visiting the Seattle area's Eastside, Seastar is an experience not to be missed.

1  Thank GDL919
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve enjoyed many business dinners and lunches at Seastar. Every meal has been good to great. The service is a bit uneven. A recent lunch had our server drop the menus and then ignore us until ultimately deciding to take our meal order. Typically, we are asked first for beverage and the the food order. In this case she seemed a bit out of sorts, confused. The shrimp was seriously over cooked and I needed to reorder.

As this seemed atypical of my usual experience, I’m going to go with my usual experience of excellent food and service.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

What a find. I used trip advisor and Uber driver for ideas. Decided on Seastar. Excellent. Had outstanding Halibut. Fresh great preparation. Service was outstanding. Very crowded and a little noisy but was restaurant week. Besides the quality of the food is the most important fact. When on Bellevue it’s a must stop.

Mark M, General Manager at Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to find Seastar Restaurant while you were in Bellevue the other night. I really appreciate that in addition to everyone's positive reviews we also have Uber on our side. I do pass along all comments to the staff, because they are truly the ones that make everything happen. Look forward to serving you again soon.

Cheers, Mark