“All you can say is wow”
Review of John Howie Steak

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 112 th Ave NE
Transit: Bellevue transit center.
Description: John Howie Steak - a downtown Bellevue favorite. Located in the Bravern near 405 (freeway) off of 8th Ave. A great happy hour with a near famous cheeseburger, bar and lounge open till 11pm or midnight. Fine dining in the dining room. Lunch is quite reasonable ($12-$15 entreees) and delicious. Premium steakhouse for lunch meetings, dates or of course any occasion for dinner. Private dining rooms available as well. Catering available. A fine dining restaurant with more casual options for lunch, happy hour, the bar and lounge.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whether it’s the top notch service or the quality of the food or the prices all you can say is wow.
I am thankful that I was able to enjoy John Howie as a guest of a wonderful company because there is zero chance I would have gone otherwise.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

John Howie is among the finest steakhouses in the U.S., always featuring the finest cuts and extraordinary care in preparation for the enjoyment of their guests. Their menu is creative and appealing, with everything worth a try. They excel in an extensive wine list, always featuring vintages of high quality. Another outstanding feature - and not to be forgotten - is their professional staff - not just wait staff but all aspects of personnel that are involved in making a guest's dining experience memorable.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Its a fantastic place to wind up after the tiresome shopping they have excellent wine list
and variety of cocktails to choose from . I tried love letter Vodka based it was nice. Its an up market bar I noticed the bar tenderer was checking each and ever glass before pouring alcohol . The receptionist was very pleasant and offered me a table at the bar section immediately. They even validate your parking ticket with a smile .

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Came here for lunch with boss. The bravern complex is a site to behold, a shopping center for plutocrats. British lingerie for your mistress? A new patique phillip? Hermes tie? Its all there so you can complete your look.

Anyway, John Howie:

They had a fridge in front with some incredibly marbled meat, stuff like in the documentary "steak revolution". I'd never seen such a thing in person, so that was novel, not that I'm going to order any but it was neat to see. Looked lovely.

I ordered the "house steak" with the "house wine" and these were probably the least expensive things I could have had. The steak was a hanger, which is literally my favorite cut, so that was awesome. They cooked it hot and hard, which is how a hanger needs to be cooked and it came out perfectly. I could not have done better myself and the meat was fresh and flavorful.

Came with a baked potato which was fine.

The house wine was a cab/merlot blend from januik and was delicious. I'm usually a beer drinker because the wine I like is too expensive but this stuff was tasty, no regrets and was much better than I expected for the price. Somebody has their eye on the ball here.

I can't speak about all the fancy expensive-er stuff on the menu but the basics were terrific. You could spend a ton of money here (hundreds per person) but just so you know their basics are really good.

I also appreciated that the wait staff were enthusiastic and knowledgable about their product.

The decor was simple and practical. Nice and not fancy.

I generally don't ever go out for a steak because I know where to source good meat and how to cook it, but I really have no problem recommending this place if someone wants to pay for someone else to cook their steak. These guys did well for me.

What I like least about John Howie is the scary weird Bravern complex that it sits in. The whole place gives me the willies. All the idle shopkeepers standing around ready to hawk their over-marketed junk. And don't get me started about the freakish plutocrat mistresses that shop there.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visited John Howie’s with friends on a Monday evening so it wasn’t that busy, the staff were friendly and professional the food just what we wanted. We would like to return later in the week when it will be buzzyer!