“Good Location Between Downtown Bellevue and Redmond”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 26 November 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott in Bellevue is conveniently located to 520 and not far from 405. If you want to be near downtown Bellevue without having to stay in downtown Bellevue, this is a good hotel for that. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff is very friendly and welcoming. There is a limited Starbucks Coffee Bar in the restaurant. I say limited because they do not have everything that you can get at a full service Starbucks. My only real issue is that the TV in the room did not get good sound. I could barely hear it. You are limited as to how far up to can turn the sound. Flat screen TV's without a sound bar are a pain to deal with anyway, so being able to turn to sound up a bit is important. There is a nice bar area just off the dining area where you can watch TV and plug up your electronic devices and actually work, check email etc...Courtyards have gotten better over the years with their dinner service, but alas it's still not my first option for dining. When I stay at a Courtyard I prefer to eat my dinner somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2014

Dear Gwendolyn R,

Thank you for your compliments! We are always delighted to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. Thank you for also taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We have shared your comments with our engineers to take a look at the TV for future guests.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to exceeding your expectations next time you are in the Bellevue/Redmond area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 November 2014

I travel on business quite frequently and Courtyards are generally my choice, however when traveling on my own dime, Courtyards can be rather pricey. While in Seattle recently, I found that this property was very reasonable on the weekends and it was a no brainier to stay there (stayed there two weekends in a row). However when I wanted to extend to stay a Sunday night, the rate went up about $100 a night (over what I was paying). Needless to say, I stayed elsewhere during the week.

The property is an older style Courtyard that had a renovation a few year back. Ask for an Executive room which has a feather mattress topper, which is really nice. Also the room includes a fridge and you will get one free Starbucks for each night you stay (any size drink). The actual property feels a bit remote (next to a Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn), but it is only a few blocks away from shopping and restaurants. Also easy to get on freeways and about 20 minutes outside of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for the Executive room
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Dear Trikkerterry,

Thank you for your compliments! We are always delighted to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 November 2014

Stayed here during a business travel to visit the Microsoft campus which is close by. For that purpose the location is pretty good. Other than that, I didn't enjoy my stay. Rooms are small and you can hear noises from outside (luckily the hotel provides you with earplugs). Shower is not that good (stream is low, hot water is problematic). Air conditioning didn't work well too and I had to call the service person several times because it decided to go crazy and turn on extreme heat which I couldn't turn off. Parking lot tends to be crowded and you have to park far from your room, plus there are only stairs to the second floor. Overall, I wouldn't want to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank seraphnic
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Dear Seraphnic,

Thank you for staying with us. We also want to thank you for taking the time to fill out our Satisfaction Survey. We welcome all feedback, in order to maintain high-level service and product standards, which guests have come to expect from Marriott.

I noticed that we did not meet your expectation with regards to your overall experience. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Our hotel is very committed to making each and every stay a great experience for our guests. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership team.

Again, we truly value your business with Marriott and hope to see you on your next visit to the Bellevue / Redmond area.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

I like this location because it is convenient to the places I have to go in Redmond. It is near Microsoft, the 520 freeway, and near 148 Ave NE, a major artery. This hotel is clustered next to two other Marriott chain hotels and I normally stay at the Residence Inn because it tends to have vacancies when the others are full, which wasn't the case this time. The Courtyard was cheaper and this time it had vacancies.

While I like the convenience of the location, it is isolated from restaurants and any nightlife. A good thing about the Courtyard, as opposed to the Residence Inn is that it does have a small restaurant off of the lobby. It is better than typical fast food and it was open late in the evening and early in the morning. I don't feel that it was horribly overpriced as is typical of most hotel restaurants. Breakfast is not included in the price of the room.

Overall I had a good, but quick stay.

Room Tip: Inside rooms look out on the central courtyard. You probably get more a sense of privacy on the seco...

Dear Ralph_MB,

Thank you for your compliments! We are always delighted to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. Thank you for also taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership team.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

I have stayed at a few other Courtyard by Marriott properties in the past and they have been excellent stays. Friendly and efficient staff have been the stand-out part of the experience.

On this stay I was tired and hungry after traveling so I was looking forward to a drink and a bite to eat. When I went to the Bistro there was only one person working and things were backed up. I was not the fault of the employee, she was efficient and friendly. The managers had not staffed the bistro properly.

I have not stayed at a Courtyard property since the rollout of the Bistro concept and I feel it was a mistake. I would have been more comfortable in a lounge where I could have sat down and been served. I also thing that a hotel that charges as much as $300 dollars a night for a standard room should have a fabulous free breakfast buffet. The bistro concept is fine as an addition to other options throughout the day, or if people want a more casual experience, but replacing full-service lounges with the bistro is a mistake in my opinion. There is nothing that really sets Courtyard hotels aside as I can get a great room, great service and a free buffet breakfast at many other properties. It is not worth the cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel on the first floor if you have mobility issues, there is no elevator.
1  Thank Carlitas6
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with Courtyard Bellevue/Redmond by Marriott during your stay in the Seattle/Bellevue area. We also want to thank you for taking the time to fill a comment. We welcome all feedback, in order to maintain high-level service and product standards, which guests have come to expect from Marriott.

We sincerely apologize that your time with us did not meet your expectations. We regret how frustrating this must have been for you. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership team.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that you will consider returning during your next visit.