All reviews no elevator microsoft campus breakfast and dinner quiet stay first floor starbucks coffee an older property king room free parking would definitely stay here again beds were comfortable convenient location indoor pool redmond marriott lobby seattle
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Stayed here during a business travel to visit the Microsoft campus which is close by. For that purpose the location is pretty good. Other than that, I didn't enjoy my stay. Rooms are small and you can hear noises from outside (luckily the hotel provides you with earplugs). Shower is not that good (stream is low, hot water is problematic). Air conditioning didn't work well too and I had to call the service person several times because it decided to go crazy and turn on extreme heat which I couldn't turn off. Parking lot tends to be crowded and you have to park far from your room, plus there are only stairs to the second floor. Overall, I wouldn't want to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank seraphnic
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Dear Seraphnic,

Thank you for staying with us. We also want to thank you for taking the time to fill out our Satisfaction Survey. We welcome all feedback, in order to maintain high-level service and product standards, which guests have come to expect from Marriott.

I noticed that we did not meet your expectation with regards to your overall experience. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Our hotel is very committed to making each and every stay a great experience for our guests. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership team.

Again, we truly value your business with Marriott and hope to see you on your next visit to the Bellevue / Redmond area.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

I like this location because it is convenient to the places I have to go in Redmond. It is near Microsoft, the 520 freeway, and near 148 Ave NE, a major artery. This hotel is clustered next to two other Marriott chain hotels and I normally stay at the Residence Inn because it tends to have vacancies when the others are full, which wasn't the case this time. The Courtyard was cheaper and this time it had vacancies.

While I like the convenience of the location, it is isolated from restaurants and any nightlife. A good thing about the Courtyard, as opposed to the Residence Inn is that it does have a small restaurant off of the lobby. It is better than typical fast food and it was open late in the evening and early in the morning. I don't feel that it was horribly overpriced as is typical of most hotel restaurants. Breakfast is not included in the price of the room.

Overall I had a good, but quick stay.

Room Tip: Inside rooms look out on the central courtyard. You probably get more a sense of privacy on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Dear Ralph_MB,

Thank you for your compliments! We are always delighted to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. Thank you for also taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership team.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to exceeding your expectations next time you are in the Bellevue/Redmond area.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

I have stayed at a few other Courtyard by Marriott properties in the past and they have been excellent stays. Friendly and efficient staff have been the stand-out part of the experience.

On this stay I was tired and hungry after traveling so I was looking forward to a drink and a bite to eat. When I went to the Bistro there was only one person working and things were backed up. I was not the fault of the employee, she was efficient and friendly. The managers had not staffed the bistro properly.

I have not stayed at a Courtyard property since the rollout of the Bistro concept and I feel it was a mistake. I would have been more comfortable in a lounge where I could have sat down and been served. I also thing that a hotel that charges as much as $300 dollars a night for a standard room should have a fabulous free breakfast buffet. The bistro concept is fine as an addition to other options throughout the day, or if people want a more casual experience, but replacing full-service lounges with the bistro is a mistake in my opinion. There is nothing that really sets Courtyard hotels aside as I can get a great room, great service and a free buffet breakfast at many other properties. It is not worth the cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel on the first floor if you have mobility issues, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlitas6
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with Courtyard Bellevue/Redmond by Marriott during your stay in the Seattle/Bellevue area. We also want to thank you for taking the time to fill a comment. We welcome all feedback, in order to maintain high-level service and product standards, which guests have come to expect from Marriott.

We sincerely apologize that your time with us did not meet your expectations. We regret how frustrating this must have been for you. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership team.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that you will consider returning during your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in. Very clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were great. My only complaint was that our room had the bathroom door right next to one side of the bed so that it was noisy if someone had to get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities. I'm sure that most of the rooms have it located where most are in the area you enter the room from the hallway. The staff was helpful and friendly and the parking charge was $11/night for parking in garage under the hotel. The garage space is tight so big vehicles must have a difficult time. Starbucks located in the same building if you didn't want to eat breakfast in the hotel you can grab something there. Also, a restaurant called the French Bakery was a short distance away that was fabulous. The Bravern apartment area is across the street where you will find high-end shopping and more restaurants. Great access to the highway!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 110th street side are probably quieter as 8th street is the main street. Also, mentioned about about the location of the bathroom - we were in room 427.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cubisland,

Thank you for your compliments. I believe you are describing the Courtyard Bellevue/Downtown. I would be more than happy to pass your information on to the correct property. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed 7 November 2014

This hotel was at one time good. They've gotten greedy and literally are getting their extra money on the backs of kids. They treated a visiting soccer team horribly. Promised a buffet breakfast- allowed it to be advertised and then gave growing boys a muffin and orange juice in prep for a big day of soccer. When we complained no response from management. Very disappointing!!! Boycott this place!

• Stayed: October 2014