“Unfortunate Surprises”

Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
MN
“Unfortunate Surprises”
Reviewed 15 January 2009

I booked the hotel because I wanted something comfortable for the week - and aside from a kitchen it is WAY less comfortable than a typical hotel:

1. I checked in and even though the place was empty, I got a handicapped accessible room (not a huge deal, but odd)

2. They have done remodeling so the room decor is fine, but the key locks are out of the 70's... and the person couldn't figure out how to get the key to work, so needless to say i went the first night with out a key (and the deadbolt on the door didn't work)

3. The next morning I go to take a shower and there is no shower head (i.e. there was a spigget that was obviously meant for a hand shower)...

4. I went and listed my grievances to the staff and instead of quietly addressing my concerns, they proceeded to argue with me over whether I reserved a king or queen suite because I unarguably had a double bed in my room and they tried to tell me it was their "standard king"... total joke

5. Some things I wish I would have known before booking:
- Internet costs money (only $5 for your whole trip)
- You only get maid service (any type) once a week
- If you want new sheets, you need to pay for them

The Red Lion is across the street and I would recommend that over this hotel...

• Liked — It was close to my office
  • Disliked — The lack of professionalism... it was like a flea bag that was trying to be a hotel
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lauralookup
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
traveller20074
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Overall a good stay. The freeway noise was pretty loud as I had a room on that side. Clean and the front desk people were very helpful and nice. The TV stations (ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS) didn't work very well, so I told the desk person...she said they'd fix it while I was gone. It never got fixed, but it didn't matter then, it was close to check-out.
Still love the comfortable chairs. The bed linens didn't fit as well, the bottom sheet kept moving around a lot.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
Rosedale, California
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We had a rental car and decided to stay in Bellevue two nights since the LDS temple is located there. It was our first time staying at this particular chain and we were very happy with everything.

The young woman that was working the front desk was friendly and professional. We were trying to meet friends for dinner at a restaurant n town, but even though it was extremely close by, the young lady took the time to MapQuest it for us and went on to verbally explain how to get there. We soon found that the place was within waking distance, but we appreciated that she took the time to take our query seriously.

We were both very pleased with our stay and we would both recommend it.

• Liked — Has a kitchen, clean rooms, friiendly staff, good location, good value
  • Disliked — Had to pay extra for internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
spokane
Reviewed 14 July 2007

Our experience was not good. The halls and room carpets were soiled and stained. The bedspread was dirty, the windows were jammed shut and the smoke alarm was dangling from the ceiling. When we called the front desk to ask for assistance, we were told there was no one to help as housekeeping and maintenance had gone for the day. We were instructed to simply disconnect and remove the smoke alarm. When we questioned the safety of this procedure, we were told that there were plenty of other smoke alarms in the building and that if there were a fire we would hear those. Our attempt to change hotels was unsuccessful due to a big event in town. So we stripped the beds down to the sheets and prayed there was no fire. Not a pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2007

Travellers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

Marina, California
Reviewed 3 December 2006

The ESA in Downtown Bellevue is one of the best (the front desk agent told me that the Days Inn is cheaper) value in the bugeoning Downtown area of Bellevue. I stayed one night (a Saturday), and got a $55 rate on the ESA web site. As with all ESAs, the room came with a full kitchen and wi-fi access for a fee.
The hotel is a bit of a hike and across the 405 from the main Downtown area, but it's certainly walkable. The neighborhood is excellent though, there is plenty of free parking, and the room was comfortable.
One big downside to this hotel is the freeway itself, which is literally right outside and may be a noise concern for some (although it didn't bother me). However, the cross street (Main) does not have an exit, so the traffic is not overly bad.
I stay at ESAs quite a bit, and have never been disappointed by their quality as they're all relatively new and are generally well-maintained, and this one was no exception.

• Liked — location, price
  • Tips/Secrets — There is a Tully's (coffee shop) about a block away for a good hang-out spot
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo