“Great Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Selah Inn

Selah Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfair
Selah Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Belfair B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stayed in the King Suite with a good view of the Hood Canal. The room was decorated very nicely and had a huge bathroom. The wife took many pictures because she wants to duplicate the room when we build our retirement home.
The entire house is well built and well decorated. It makes you relax.
The coffee was great and the breakfast was good. The owner/host was a very nice lady.
My suggestion to the B&B is that there be a couple choices for breakfast instead of fixed menu. I believe if I asked, she would of made something different, but it is nice to be asked what you want.
Overall, a great place to stay. Definitely on the list for weekend getaway.

Room Tip: King Suite has best views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stayed in the King Suite and it was a large beautiful room. The view from the deck was lovely. There were some other homes in front of the inn but the view was still great. It was SO peaceful there. We were told to make ourselves at home and we felt comfortable. There aren't a lot of dining choices in Belfair, so we brought a good pizza back to the inn, helped ourselves to plates, wine glasses, and utensils and enjoyed it on the deck. We went for a nice walk in the morning and sat down for a great breakfast before starting our journey. A very nice stay with very nice hosts.

Room Tip: King Suite is a great room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I am honestly not hard to please. By all accounts I am an easy guest, but the ONE thing I REQUIRE and expect is a bed with decent support. My husband and I stayed at Selah Inn last night. We are here from out of state looking to relocate, or I should say return, to Washington.

I was initially excited when I found the Selah Inn as it looked like a beautiful and welcoming place. When our day of looking at homes with a friendly local agent ran longer than expected, we arrived 40 minutes after the time we had said we were expecting to check in only to find an envelope with our names and the name of the room taped to the front door. We found it odd when we booked that you are required to choose a check in time from a list, with the latest time around 6pm, early for those visiting from out of the area who are trying to fit in a very full schedule. Despite that we were initially pleased with the premises and the room, even if a bit surprised to find the innkeepers live offsite.

Sadly our opinion of the inn changed after we both passed a very restless night on what my husband described as "sleeping on a trampoline." Lucky for him, he fared better than I did, only waking up sore and tired. I however wasn't that fortunate. First step out of bed and I could feel my back seize up. No amount of stretching nor ibuprofen helped. So, at 9am (which is what time they start serving breakfast) I limped down the stairs to join the others who were also staying there.

As we sat at breakfast with two lovely ladies from Oregon, one of the innkeepers, the husband whose name I don't recall, came to our table and asked if we all slept well. I replied very politely "Sadly, no. The bed in our room is too soft, so my back is really painful today" to which my husband nodded in agreement. Surprisingly, his response was "well most of our customers prefer a soft mattress" and he turned and walked away. The four of us just looked at each other with looks of shock and one of the Oregon ladies said "well he certainly doesn'the seem to care does he?"

While I didn't understand his reply at all, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt since I had said "soft" when what I really should have said was non supportive. My mattress is soft yet still supportive, there is a difference. And this mattress actually sinks when you sit on it and is extremely squeaky. A sure sign that it has seen better days.

So, I decided to speak to Bonnie, the other innkeeper, as we checked out. I first complimented her on the home and the delicious breakfast. Then I told her that I was in a lot of pain because the mattress in our room had no support. Her reply was equally disappointing. She said "Oh, I'm so sorry, no one else has ever complained about that." And that was it. Again I didn't understand and I was shocked at the response. Did she think I was lying? And if not, just because no one else has complained, why would that make my complaint invalid?

At that point I was just so frustrated, angry and in pain, that we just left. Seriously, a guest tells you they passed anot uncomfortable night resulting in back spasms and you blow them off? No offer to refund our money or give us a discount, or at the VERY least acknowledge that we had a bad experience.? Instead we left feeling they believed it was our fault because "most of their customers like soft mattresses" and "no one else has ever complained." That is just plain sucky BAD service.

Five and a half hours plus several more Advil later I'm STILL hurting. It is Saturday and I'm far from home and not able to head back till tomorrow. So I paid $110 for a great breakfast but a ruined weekend. I am in too much pain to get in and out of the car to look at properties and I have to stay in the area to pick someone else up tomorrow so I'm stuck. I won't be able to see a chiropractor, which I will have to pay for, till Monday after a long drive home. Staying at Selah Inn was definitely a mistake. Next time I will take the poor reviews more seriously.

Overall, I CANNOT recommend staying there.

FYI to the innkeepers:

If you read this, PLEASE note, mattresses wear out. They should be changed regularly. My guess is that mattress, in the Garden Room, hasn't been changed since you built the place in the 90's.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at the Selah. Always a treat to stay there. Great location, a few steps to Puget Sound. A lot of fun to dig for clams, oysters or just relaxing on the beach, in which it is private. The price is right with breakfast included. Owner Bonnie, is there early to cook up one of her special egg dishes, bread pudding and good coffee. I would always recommend the Selah as a perfect, ( get out of the City), get away.
Selah gets a 5 star recommendation!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2016

As other have mentioned, a bit lacking in hospitality. Luckily we had a family reunion that we could escape to. We had the king suite and while the room was large and clean on the inside it was very stuffy, the deck was dirty as were the cushions. Bed is very firm and there was some kind of fragrance on the pillows. Large plastic bottles of low end shampoo's and scented body wash. No face soap. All had been used previously. When we arrived we weren't shown to our room, but told to go to the room at the top of the stairs. No offer of luggage help. We skipped breakfast but wanted a cup of coffee. When my husband went for coffee he was told to get cups from an occupied table and pour from the carafe that was on the table where someone else was eating...very awkward. No outside lights on when we returned in the evening. Not right on the canal, there are a couple houses between the Inn an the water, not really a view. For this kind of money the Selah really needs to up their game and provide better service and some amenities. This could be a really posh place with just a bit more effort. Be warned...no internet connection. You need to drive back to Belfair to the Starbucks.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Been to Selah Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK