See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at the Selah. Always a treat to stay there. Great location, a few steps to Puget Sound. A lot of fun to dig for clams, oysters or just relaxing on the beach, in which it is private. The price is right with breakfast included. Owner Bonnie, is there early to cook up one of her special egg dishes, bread pudding and good coffee. I would always recommend the Selah as a perfect, ( get out of the City), get away.
Selah gets a 5 star recommendation!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2016

As other have mentioned, a bit lacking in hospitality. Luckily we had a family reunion that we could escape to. We had the king suite and while the room was large and clean on the inside it was very stuffy, the deck was dirty as were the cushions. Bed is very firm and there was some kind of fragrance on the pillows. Large plastic bottles of low end shampoo's and scented body wash. No face soap. All had been used previously. When we arrived we weren't shown to our room, but told to go to the room at the top of the stairs. No offer of luggage help. We skipped breakfast but wanted a cup of coffee. When my husband went for coffee he was told to get cups from an occupied table and pour from the carafe that was on the table where someone else was eating...very awkward. No outside lights on when we returned in the evening. Not right on the canal, there are a couple houses between the Inn an the water, not really a view. For this kind of money the Selah really needs to up their game and provide better service and some amenities. This could be a really posh place with just a bit more effort. Be warned...no internet connection. You need to drive back to Belfair to the Starbucks.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Colette A
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Selah Inn this past weekend for a wedding and the Inn was so beautiful and the staff was amazing. They treated all of us like family. The group I was with had the Ceremony at the Canal House also on the property and that was just as nice. The Decor was so beautiful. I will be defiantly looking into going back up there with my family for a vacation. I would recommend this place if you want to have a beautiful relaxing experience with amazing food. This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed.........AMAZING venue for a wedding

Room Tip: Best Service, Great Quiet Location
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We arrived quite late and since the owners do not live on site, we walked into a dark Inn. No interior lights were left on, no soft music, the heat wasn't even on. It was like they weren't expecting us, which was both concerning and quite uncomfortable. Eventually we found a note with an impersonal "standard letter" and our key. The room was like any ordinary bedroom, small and nothing special. The bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom (stand up shower only) was fine. The shampoo, conditioner, and body soap were all dispensed from large bottles (like what you would purchase at Walmart). Breakfast was okay, the coffee was terrible, like scared water. The owners were getting ready for a group that was coming in and didn't do a whole lot to make us feel welcome. In short, this place was clean, no frills, and super creepy at night. Though I'm sure it's a heck of a lot better than the local motel, I'd pass this place up and travel the extra 20/30 minutes to Bremerton for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2015

We stated in the King's Suite which is large with a huge bathroom. The towels were amazing as well as the sheets. There is a balcony off the room which is a delight to pass the evening on, unfortunately, it was very dirty. There was only one glass in the bathroom which was also dirty.
On arrival Bonnie and Vicki were in the midst of cooking for an event and did not give us more than 5 minutes of their time. There is no information about nearby restaurants and we did not find Vicki very helpful in giving us info. Our breakfast was okay but again there is little interaction with the innkeepers. Your room will not be serviced unless you ask. This seems to be a new phenomena under the guise of "we don't want to disturb you", but comes across as "take care of yourself, we can't be bothered". No beverages available and no minifrig.
There are 2 houses between the inn and the water, no chairs available to sit on and enjoy the shore.
I had called ahead and requested dinner but on arrival they said they hadn't received my call and dinner was not available. No apology.
This inn could be a delight with a little sprucing up and better service.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple