See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We arrived quite late and since the owners do not live on site, we walked into a dark Inn. No interior lights were left on, no soft music, the heat wasn't even on. It was like they weren't expecting us, which was both concerning and quite uncomfortable. Eventually we found a note with an impersonal "standard letter" and our key. The room was like any ordinary bedroom, small and nothing special. The bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom (stand up shower only) was fine. The shampoo, conditioner, and body soap were all dispensed from large bottles (like what you would purchase at Walmart). Breakfast was okay, the coffee was terrible, like scared water. The owners were getting ready for a group that was coming in and didn't do a whole lot to make us feel welcome. In short, this place was clean, no frills, and super creepy at night. Though I'm sure it's a heck of a lot better than the local motel, I'd pass this place up and travel the extra 20/30 minutes to Bremerton for the same price.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 15 August 2015

We stated in the King's Suite which is large with a huge bathroom. The towels were amazing as well as the sheets. There is a balcony off the room which is a delight to pass the evening on, unfortunately, it was very dirty. There was only one glass in the bathroom which was also dirty.
On arrival Bonnie and Vicki were in the midst of cooking for an event and did not give us more than 5 minutes of their time. There is no information about nearby restaurants and we did not find Vicki very helpful in giving us info. Our breakfast was okay but again there is little interaction with the innkeepers. Your room will not be serviced unless you ask. This seems to be a new phenomena under the guise of "we don't want to disturb you", but comes across as "take care of yourself, we can't be bothered". No beverages available and no minifrig.
There are 2 houses between the inn and the water, no chairs available to sit on and enjoy the shore.
I had called ahead and requested dinner but on arrival they said they hadn't received my call and dinner was not available. No apology.
This inn could be a delight with a little sprucing up and better service.

Date of stay: August 2015
3  Thank wayzata1
Reviewed 15 June 2015

Wow what can say but GO! The place is wonderful; so very relaxing and so wonderfully quiet. Take a walk to the canal, which is just maybe 1000 feet to the beach, sit on a log and enjoy the fresh air and soft lapping of the tide as it rolls in or out. The room was so nice and the bed comfortable beyond believe, and then the breakfast was fantastic! I can't say enough about this diamond on the canal, go spend a weekend; but then you have to come home; what a shock, I want to go back right now!!

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank brokigpojke
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Vacationed in Belfair since we were kids. Decided to rent the Selah Inn for guests and have a fun casual wedding. We are 57 year old newlyweds, so looking for older comfortable bed and breakfast. It was affordable and a delightful experience. Breakfast was included and over the top delicious, clam digging, oyster picking or just walking the mile long beach.
Belfair in itself, was full of charm, old mixed in with new, yes a very nice large Starbucks! People were very friendly and many pulling trailers to stay at the State Park.
I would recommend staying at the Selah to anyone, it was a beautiful experience and I will have fond memories, as will my guests. Leave the city drive or ferry an hour, and enjoy "tranquility".

Room tip: King room, whirlpool tub, view of canal, spacious, king size bed, private balcony. Beautiful.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LNewman
Reviewed 6 May 2015

This was my sweetheart and mine first getaway. We had never been to Belfair but what a friendly beach town it was with lots to do despite being so small. We hit the Saturday Market on our way in with local vendors and bought amazing jam and other trinkets. The Belfair State Park is within walking distance to Selah Inn which is really nice, as well as having their own beach access. Selah Inn was the perfect choice for us for its price as well as all it had to offer such as snuggly robes, a fireplace in the room that was easy to get going, a fancy jetted tub with window surrounding it viewing trees mostly, the amazing view from bed looking out at the water and the food. We ate a lot in Belfair and ordering the 5 course dinner is a must at Selah Inn! Everything was soooooo tasty, perfectly cooked and they had such variety. For appetizers I got dates with cheese wrapped in bacon, my sweetheart got mushrooms with sausage with cheese sprinkled on top. We then got the mushroom soup, so yummy, then the pear salad which was great and then I got the salmon when my sweetheart got the steak. I could not finish it all and had to save most for another day, even my sweetheart who is 6'2 did not eat it all, not because he couldn't but because he wanted to savor the food another day. :) The food alone is a reason to go here, the room on top is a bonus, along with how kind and helpful Bonnie and Vickie were to give us tips on where to go such as the Drive In Theatre near by which was fun. I feel I gained some peace while there, it sure helped that during dinner and breakfast there was classy mood music, but everywhere in Belfair was laid back and just amazing. A perfect place for couples and I would recommend to you. We would love to come back.

Room tip: The best is the King Suite has a huge walk in closet & huge private deck. Was windy one day and was a little less peaceful then only.
Date of stay: May 2015