See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2015

This was my sweetheart and mine first getaway. We had never been to Belfair but what a friendly beach town it was with lots to do despite being so small. We hit the Saturday Market on our way in with local vendors and bought amazing jam and other trinkets. The Belfair State Park is within walking distance to Selah Inn which is really nice, as well as having their own beach access. Selah Inn was the perfect choice for us for its price as well as all it had to offer such as snuggly robes, a fireplace in the room that was easy to get going, a fancy jetted tub with window surrounding it viewing trees mostly, the amazing view from bed looking out at the water and the food. We ate a lot in Belfair and ordering the 5 course dinner is a must at Selah Inn! Everything was soooooo tasty, perfectly cooked and they had such variety. For appetizers I got dates with cheese wrapped in bacon, my sweetheart got mushrooms with sausage with cheese sprinkled on top. We then got the mushroom soup, so yummy, then the pear salad which was great and then I got the salmon when my sweetheart got the steak. I could not finish it all and had to save most for another day, even my sweetheart who is 6'2 did not eat it all, not because he couldn't but because he wanted to savor the food another day. :) The food alone is a reason to go here, the room on top is a bonus, along with how kind and helpful Bonnie and Vickie were to give us tips on where to go such as the Drive In Theatre near by which was fun. I feel I gained some peace while there, it sure helped that during dinner and breakfast there was classy mood music, but everywhere in Belfair was laid back and just amazing. A perfect place for couples and I would recommend to you. We would love to come back.

Room Tip: The best is the King Suite has a huge walk in closet & huge private deck. Was windy one day and was a little less peaceful then only.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrulyTru
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I needed a quiet get-away after a couple of intense months. A place where my mind could drift and my soul could get back in rhythm. I found that at Selah. It certainly lives up to its name! I don't usually travel alone, so this was a real adventure for me! I was warmly welcomed and felt at home right away. The walk on the beach had many oyster shells shining like pearls in the evening sun and driftwood to sit on and enjoy the view, and the breeze from the water. There is a state park very nearby for walks as well. The Inn was very nicely decorated with themed rooms. I was in the Shorline room with a fishing theme. The room was very clean, and very comfortable. I felt so safe and cared for! There were even silk/terry robes in the closet! A deck faces out toward the water with a bench all around to sit on. There were very wide and comfy rocking chairs already faced out to the water. There were many birds, I saw eagle and heard mourning doves, there were seagulls as well. I slept very peacefully after a shower with many choices on the showerhead. A paper was delivered in the morning. Coffee was very robust and tasty. The best breakfast I have ever had was waiting for me after my walk in the park. Bonnie told me "We start with dessert here." as she smiled and placed baked oatmeal on my table in the sunny breakfast room. The next coarse was the tastiest Eggs Benedict I have ever enjoyed! The Inn Keepers were there when I needed them and not there when I wanted my mind to just drift. They seemed to have an instinct about that. There are people who operate with special giftedness, and that was true of Bonnie and Pat. They have put their heart into the decorations they chose, from the river rock fireplace with hand carved mantle, to comfortable leather love seat in the library. I saw that there was a very nice, large conference room with a dry erase board behind light-colored wooden doors. Everything about this Selah Inn made me feel like both royalty and at home at the same time. It is well named Selah for it is a very nice place to pause, reflect quietly, and praise! This is a very special jewel tucked away at the end of Hood Canal. I am so glad I found it! I plan to return....often.

Room Tip: The King Suite has a balcony that looks out to the water and a Jacuzzi big enough for two. The Shoreline room was sunny and had tv. available. The Garden room was the same as the Shore line only on the shadier side if you like to sleep in. The Renaissance room is probably the quietest and most tucked away and on the side with less sun. It has a comfy chair for reading in your room. All have private bathrooms. All rooms are upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2014

If you are exploring the Hood Canal and are in the Belfair area this Inn is well worth a stay. Warm welcome from Bonnie when we arrived and we immediately felt at home. Unfortunately we didn't have much time and only stayed one night leaving early the next morning after a superb breakfast on our way back to the UK. Next time we will make sure we have at least two nights to do the area and the Inn justice. Room The King Room was large and comfortable with a balcony view of the Canal. Pity about the rain but overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 23 November 2014

We stayed here for several days in July while visiting the area from out of state.

The inn itself is quite nice and the proprietors seem to be straight forward do-unto-others types that are normally easy to work with.

We did end up having some questions related to security. There was no telephone in our room, and no cell coverage. The room doors have a deadbolt that latches, but the inn is left open at night. Our room opened up to a balcony, but it was not possible to turn the outside light on, nor to access the bulb to replace it. The room was warm, and in July we were not comfortable leaving the windows open at night. Normally these things would only make me uncomfortable. In this case, I was very uncomfortable.

If planning to stay alone or in a small group, consider asking some friends or family to stay with you. This would be one way to improve your personal security in this remote location, and would be a great way to get more out of your visit at the Selah.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited mid-week (a little discount is available) and had a great stay at Selah Inn. We had the king room, which I would definitely recommend. It has a private deck (rustic and could have used a good scrubbing, but perfect for drinking a glass of wine and watching the moon rise).

There is also a gas burning fireplace (it being August, we didn't turn it on). Bathroom was large, with both shower and a nice jetted tub. King bed was comfortable and we had no problem with wifi. Able to get email and do FB. Phone reception was another thing. It was spotty.

We had very good breakfasts, and didn't need lunch afterward! There is beach access, but the beach was very narrow and you need to walk past two houses to get there. You can see the water from the deck of the king suite.

Room Tip: If you want your own deck, fireplace, and jetted tub, reserve the King Suite!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple