See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2014

If you are exploring the Hood Canal and are in the Belfair area this Inn is well worth a stay. Warm welcome from Bonnie when we arrived and we immediately felt at home. Unfortunately we didn't have much time and only stayed one night leaving early the next morning after a superb breakfast on our way back to the UK. Next time we will make sure we have at least two nights to do the area and the Inn justice. Room The King Room was large and comfortable with a balcony view of the Canal. Pity about the rain but overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 23 November 2014

We stayed here for several days in July while visiting the area from out of state.

The inn itself is quite nice and the proprietors seem to be straight forward do-unto-others types that are normally easy to work with.

We did end up having some questions related to security. There was no telephone in our room, and no cell coverage. The room doors have a deadbolt that latches, but the inn is left open at night. Our room opened up to a balcony, but it was not possible to turn the outside light on, nor to access the bulb to replace it. The room was warm, and in July we were not comfortable leaving the windows open at night. Normally these things would only make me uncomfortable. In this case, I was very uncomfortable.

If planning to stay alone or in a small group, consider asking some friends or family to stay with you. This would be one way to improve your personal security in this remote location, and would be a great way to get more out of your visit at the Selah.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited mid-week (a little discount is available) and had a great stay at Selah Inn. We had the king room, which I would definitely recommend. It has a private deck (rustic and could have used a good scrubbing, but perfect for drinking a glass of wine and watching the moon rise).

There is also a gas burning fireplace (it being August, we didn't turn it on). Bathroom was large, with both shower and a nice jetted tub. King bed was comfortable and we had no problem with wifi. Able to get email and do FB. Phone reception was another thing. It was spotty.

We had very good breakfasts, and didn't need lunch afterward! There is beach access, but the beach was very narrow and you need to walk past two houses to get there. You can see the water from the deck of the king suite.

Room Tip: If you want your own deck, fireplace, and jetted tub, reserve the King Suite!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NWRN
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was traveling for business and had the opportunity to stay at the cozy Selah Inn in Belfair last week. The hostess Bonnie made me feel very welcomed and comfortable. It is clear she loves what she does! I took advantage of her advice and walked along the beach as going through Belfair State Park, which is very close. It was nice to spend some time outside and away from the hustle and bustle after a day full of meetings!
We were served Eggs Benedict for the main course for breakfast, which has always been one of my favorites. Yum!
I stayed in the Renaissance room which was spotlessly clean, quite spacious, and very quiet and comfortable. The desk was helpful for finishing up a little work. I also enjoyed sitting by the fire in the common space downstairs.
Definitely a great spot to stay if you are traveling to the Hood Canal area for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bjmcaferty
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family and friends chose the Selah Inn to celebrate my milestone birthday. We live in the area and were so pleased to have such a beautiful venue, wonderful food, and friendly and engaging service. There were 12 in our party. The pace of the service was perfect to allow us to visit, laugh, play games, etc. I highly recommend the Selah Inn for a special, private event.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends