“Tranquility”
Review of Selah Inn

Selah Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfair
Selah Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Belfair B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I needed a quiet get-away after a couple of intense months. A place where my mind could drift and my soul could get back in rhythm. I found that at Selah. It certainly lives up to its name! I don't usually travel alone, so this was a real adventure for me! I was warmly welcomed and felt at home right away. The walk on the beach had many oyster shells shining like pearls in the evening sun and driftwood to sit on and enjoy the view, and the breeze from the water. There is a state park very nearby for walks as well. The Inn was very nicely decorated with themed rooms. I was in the Shorline room with a fishing theme. The room was very clean, and very comfortable. I felt so safe and cared for! There were even silk/terry robes in the closet! A deck faces out toward the water with a bench all around to sit on. There were very wide and comfy rocking chairs already faced out to the water. There were many birds, I saw eagle and heard mourning doves, there were seagulls as well. I slept very peacefully after a shower with many choices on the showerhead. A paper was delivered in the morning. Coffee was very robust and tasty. The best breakfast I have ever had was waiting for me after my walk in the park. Bonnie told me "We start with dessert here." as she smiled and placed baked oatmeal on my table in the sunny breakfast room. The next coarse was the tastiest Eggs Benedict I have ever enjoyed! The Inn Keepers were there when I needed them and not there when I wanted my mind to just drift. They seemed to have an instinct about that. There are people who operate with special giftedness, and that was true of Bonnie and Pat. They have put their heart into the decorations they chose, from the river rock fireplace with hand carved mantle, to comfortable leather love seat in the library. I saw that there was a very nice, large conference room with a dry erase board behind light-colored wooden doors. Everything about this Selah Inn made me feel like both royalty and at home at the same time. It is well named Selah for it is a very nice place to pause, reflect quietly, and praise! This is a very special jewel tucked away at the end of Hood Canal. I am so glad I found it! I plan to return....often.

Room Tip: The King Suite has a balcony that looks out to the water and a Jacuzzi big enough for two. The Shore...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 November 2014

If you are exploring the Hood Canal and are in the Belfair area this Inn is well worth a stay. Warm welcome from Bonnie when we arrived and we immediately felt at home. Unfortunately we didn't have much time and only stayed one night leaving early the next morning after a superb breakfast on our way back to the UK. Next time we will make sure we have at least two nights to do the area and the Inn justice. Room The King Room was large and comfortable with a balcony view of the Canal. Pity about the rain but overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 23 November 2014

We stayed here for several days in July while visiting the area from out of state.

The inn itself is quite nice and the proprietors seem to be straight forward do-unto-others types that are normally easy to work with.

We did end up having some questions related to security. There was no telephone in our room, and no cell coverage. The room doors have a deadbolt that latches, but the inn is left open at night. Our room opened up to a balcony, but it was not possible to turn the outside light on, nor to access the bulb to replace it. The room was warm, and in July we were not comfortable leaving the windows open at night. Normally these things would only make me uncomfortable. In this case, I was very uncomfortable.

If planning to stay alone or in a small group, consider asking some friends or family to stay with you. This would be one way to improve your personal security in this remote location, and would be a great way to get more out of your visit at the Selah.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited mid-week (a little discount is available) and had a great stay at Selah Inn. We had the king room, which I would definitely recommend. It has a private deck (rustic and could have used a good scrubbing, but perfect for drinking a glass of wine and watching the moon rise).

There is also a gas burning fireplace (it being August, we didn't turn it on). Bathroom was large, with both shower and a nice jetted tub. King bed was comfortable and we had no problem with wifi. Able to get email and do FB. Phone reception was another thing. It was spotty.

We had very good breakfasts, and didn't need lunch afterward! There is beach access, but the beach was very narrow and you need to walk past two houses to get there. You can see the water from the deck of the king suite.

Room Tip: If you want your own deck, fireplace, and jetted tub, reserve the King Suite!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NWRN
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was traveling for business and had the opportunity to stay at the cozy Selah Inn in Belfair last week. The hostess Bonnie made me feel very welcomed and comfortable. It is clear she loves what she does! I took advantage of her advice and walked along the beach as going through Belfair State Park, which is very close. It was nice to spend some time outside and away from the hustle and bustle after a day full of meetings!
We were served Eggs Benedict for the main course for breakfast, which has always been one of my favorites. Yum!
I stayed in the Renaissance room which was spotlessly clean, quite spacious, and very quiet and comfortable. The desk was helpful for finishing up a little work. I also enjoyed sitting by the fire in the common space downstairs.
Definitely a great spot to stay if you are traveling to the Hood Canal area for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bjmcaferty

Been to Selah Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK