“Great Food”
Review of Barrel Mountain

Barrel Mountain
Reviewed 1 October 2015

My friends tell me they have good beer and I trust them. I've eaten there a few times now, along with my wife, and all the food has been outstanding. Some of the sandwiches are too much to eat by hand, but don't worry, they supply a knife and fort :) They have an interesting and eclectic atmosphere with friendly staff. We usually stop on the way home from work, which is around 5pm. I understand they get pretty busy by 6pm.
In any case, it is great to have such good food right in our local living area

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is a new establishment on Main Street in Old Town Battle Ground. Best description is a microbrewery serving real food. Not the common fried everything happy hour crap, this place has a great menu of small plates and full meals, including vegetarian, that should satisfy anyone for lunch or dinner. I had a fresh side pork sandwich with salad (instead of fries). I don't often use the word "succulent" to describe things, but it is the word that comes to mind for the pork sandwich. Well prepared, meaty, melt-in-your mouth pork belly with tomatoes, lettuce and dressing on an oh-so-fresh french roll. The side salad was cold and crisp field greens with real, edible cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, blue cheese and a fresh tasty ranch dressing. These folks care about their food!
Many varieties of beer on tap, including their own four styles brewed in back. I had a Porter from Seattle that stood up well to the lunch. Together, the meal was $20-- a little high for lunch and modest for dinner. It was 3:00, so I split the difference. There is only one menu. I was told that the fish and chips are made from fresh Halibut cut up in the kitchen. They also make their own kettle chips and frites.
Very attentive and friendly staff constantly insuring that patrons were satisfied and the bar area was tidy. It is relatively small and is likely to see lots of customers in the future.