“Los Pepe's restaurant”

Los Pepe's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 61 Restaurants in Battle Ground
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The food is good, lots to choose from, cocktails are good and good quantity for the price. Nicely decorated and a good atmoshphere.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

When one of my family members recommended this place, I have to admit, I was a little skeptical. I'm from Portland and really haven't been overly impressed with the restaurants we've tried in Battle Ground, however, Los Pepe's was a pleasant surprise.
If you are looking for traditional Mexican restaurant cuisine, this is the place.
The chips were delicate and warm. The salsa was a thinner style, but with lots of green and white onions laced with cilantro floating in it, and with a delightful faint smoky flavor at the finish.
I ordered the combination Chimichanga (shredded beef) / Chili Relleno plate, which came with refried beans, Spanish rice, sour cream, and guacamole. The tortilla on the chimichanga came lightly fried, but flaky, with a moist, flavorful shredded beef filling and a sprinkling of cheese. The Relleno was very good as well, with a light egg batter, tender juicy chili, and filled with creamy cheese - yet not greasy or oily at all. The rice wasn't bland, and the beans were deceptively tasty, with a comfort food level pleasantness and (could it be???) a faint faint taste of cinnamon (??) to them. Really good. Nothing came thick with grease or oil, or dry and flavorless.
My son-in-law ordered the Pork Carnitas plate which came with beans and rice and his choice of tortillas. He gave me a bite and it was delicious! The pork was tender and juicy, with lots of flavor and a slight crispiness to the edges.
We ordered specialty margaritas, and mine really packed a punch - which I like. My daughter had the raspberry margarita, which although sweet, was rich with raspberry flavor and very delicious.
I wish we had learned our server's name. My receipt says only "Server #1", but he was friendly, fast, and aimed to please.
Overall, this was a very good experience, and we will be back for sure.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Frendly staff, pretty atmosphere highly recommend, food was great and margaritas were bomb. Not crowded and service was great

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have lunch here a couple times a week. The service is exceptional. They have my ice tea and 2 saucers of salsa at my table as soon as I sit down. Friendly staff that remember the details.
I asked for a second salsa months ago and have always brought it without asking every time since. It is homemade and just the right amount of heat.
I have tried many items on the menu and haven't been disappointed.
Great place that is locally owned. I think they have 3 locations in SW Wa.
Great people that provide great, fast service and reasonably priced.

1  Thank ResturantJake
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This restaurant is in Battle Ground Village. It has a clean, colorful and pretty atmosphere. The menu is great and the food is always good. I love the Bean Tostada, which is very filling. My husband likes the Sopitos. They have good chips and salsa. Their sangria is delicious, but I always ask for a small one, because the regular is huge. They are very accomodating. The service is good and the servers are friendly.

1  Thank Rebecca G