All reviewseasy fixroom was cleanoutdoor poolwafflesan older hotelnice staynext morningchoice hotelsgood sizeoff the highwayfree breakfaststaff was friendlyhot breakfastplace to stayupgradeswalmartvirginia
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Contrary to other reviews and the owner’s claims, this is NOT a clean hotel! There was make-up and hair on the sheets on both beds, including what appeared to be a pubic hair. Disgusting! It should have been no surprise, since the first thing we saw upon arrival was a disturbing looking man standing in the doorway of the main entrance, smoking and without a shirt on. He looked like he may have or should have been a resident/patient of the rehab facility next door, and didn’t even bother to step aside when we approached the entrance. Apparently management at this hotel doesn’t adhere to a “shirt and shoes required” policy as they said nothing to him. We should have known then to drive away, but it was late and our half way stop on our trip. Upon arrival in our room we immediately noticed the smell of cigarette smoke and bad room deodorizer. Too late and too tired to change hotels, we decided just to get some sleep, only to discover the dirty sheets. We slept in our clothes and checked out as soon as we woke up, opting not to take advantage of the free breakfast. To the owner who has apologized for travelers who have had a bad experience, I would encourage you to be more diligent with your housekeeping staff and the cleanliness of your hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Travelers,

We take our hotel being neat and clean seriously.. I understand your concerns on the man outside without a shirt on, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, shirt and shoes required. I will be telling my Manager and staff to be looking out for such issues. WE are running a hotel and I agree with you 100%. We are in the process of ordering new linen for this hotel. I just purchased this hotel a little less than a year ago and we have made great progress moving forward. It will take more time than a year for me to complete the renovations that I am needing to get completed.

A hotel is open 24/7 and required TLC all the time, I will turn this hotel around and for the better. I hope you will give us another chance at this hotel..

Ownership

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Friendly helpful staff. It was easy to check in and out the breakfast was great. Would have like to try the pool but not enough time. Room was clean and just enough for our stay. It is located in a great spot with lots to do in the area. The view from the back of the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Travelers,

WE are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. WE are a very nice little hotel in the great state of VIRGINIA, we are in Southwest Virginia where you have great mountain scenery. Rooms are CLEAN and we have the BEST breakfast in town. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff.

See ya soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Last evening we were in Wytheville while traveling. I had made arrangements online quite awhile ago. In the meantime I saw a few reviews that were less than glowing- but we were too late to change plans. We arrived to what was obviously a well cared for facility & smiling, helpful staff. The room was very comfortable- a great reading chair [always a plus], comfortable bed, spotless room.

I went back to the desk to ask for dining suggestions and the young lady was very helpful, and made reservations for us- [thank you!] When asked about the free breakfast she beamed with pride, "It's a full breakfast and very good". She then listed the hot food items along with the waffles [blueberry and regular- and they didn't forget my peanut butter!], the pastries, lots of fruit, coffee [which I'm told was "better than hotel coffee"], boiled eggs, and about everything you could hope for at breakfast time. Unlimited menue? Of course not, but lots and lots of choices and a comfortable breakfast room.

There is always a caveat, and we discovered it later that evening- it has been noted by others, but somehow I had missed the fact of the bathroom remodeling gone awry. The old bathroom doors which probably made it difficult to enter the bathroom for some were [opening inward blocking the path]- they were replaced by the "popular barn-doors" from so many TV DIY programs: The DIYers, in this case, forgot to measure the doors, so they are about one and a half inches "shy" of closing all the way [pun intended]. The hardware is there, a wider door would fix the problem easily-- or, at lease a small piece of vertical trim blocking the open space. Easy fix, I wonder why it has never been done. It just seems an odd oversight for an otherwise comfortable room.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a view- but we did not plan on one, just a place to sleep- some rooms, I'm sure had great country view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The room was clean & comfortable. The location is close to highway, yet far enough that it was quiet. The pool was really nice. The free breakfast bar was awesome with many food choices. The staff was super friendly.
I would highly recommend this Comfort Inn!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Travelers,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do our very BEST to make sure you have a wonderful HOT BREAKFAST to start you day and FRESH CLEAN ROOMS so you can get rest for the next day. Glad you enjoyed our outdoor pool. The TEAM is very friendly and caring, hope you come back anytime..

Reviewed 3 July 2018

It is a pretty typical Comfort Inn. The room was clean and nice. The bed was comfortable. They have added a low flow toilet which meant they needed a sliding barn door for the bathroom which was a little clunky but functional.
Hot breakfast was good as was the coffee. It is very close to a very good Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Travelers,

Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Wytheville. OUR rooms are very NICE AND CLEAN. The beds are clean and comfortable. We have had low flush energy saving toilets for a few years now. The barn style doors will be replaced soon, they were put in by previous ownership and I will replace them very soon. We are putting new LED LIGHTING IN THE HALLWAYS to brighten them up... I am glad you liked our FRESH COFFEE. We hope to see you again real soon.