“75/100”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Toronto, Canada
“75/100”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was prepared to lower my expectation as I only paid $50 bucks for a night including breakfast. The room was actually above my expectation because it was spacious and the linens were fresh and clean. There was a frige and a microwave in the room and I made a cup of noodle soup for myself. But unfortunately I didn't have a good night of sleep cause the radiator was too loud. I tried to turn it off but the room became too cold. The other thing I didn't like was our room open to the courtyard and we had to put on our winter coat, walked through courtyard to the other side of the building to have breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jade P
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
We apologize that with issue that you had as a guest at Ramada. Please be assured that this issue has been taken care of. Our hope is that you will us another oppurtunity to accomadate you in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I thought it was very nice. I was worried to begin with but having only paid $32 via Priceline and only staying from 11pm until 8am the next morning, I wasn't going to be quick to complain. Let me start off by saying, I am VERY picky about beds. These were the best beds I've slept in in a hotel. They were very nice pillow-top mattresses! I have a Tepurpedic at home and it's very difficult for me to sleep in anything else. That was true until last night. I slept in this bed! I thought the room was clean and the shower was very good. My only complaints would be the paper thin walls, no remote for the TV, and the toilet ran (very loud!) until I corrected the problem myself.

I really don't understand all the negative comments. Some people are just over-perfectionists, I guess.

Room Tip: Request a room on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank unschoolermom
We at Ramada would like to thank you for taking time to give us a review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I'm so surprised reading these other reviews! Either they've stepped up their game or we got lucky, because we were very happy with our experience here. Checked in just after 9pm, paid $54.95 (with coupon from one of those free hotel coupon books) for a double, non-smoking room. Staff was polite and helpful. Grounds were clean and quiet. Room was clean, very neat, everything in working order. Soaps and shampoos smelled delicious ("sugared citrus"). Several packs of coffee and sugar available. Assorted toiletries available upon request. Got a good shower and solid night of sleep. Enjoyed a free hot continental breakfast in the morning (eggs, sausage, make-your-own-waffles, breads and pastries, cereal, juices, etc.) in the on-site restaurant, which was spacious and clean. Overall, a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed October 2011
We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us a review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Ramada and hope to see you again in the futrue.
Steubenville, Ohio
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I'd like to give this hotel a 2-1/2 or an "okay" if that were an option. It definitely falls below average, but I'm not sure "poor" is the right word.

We stayed at this hotel overnight as we drove to the beach, so we were only here a total of 10 hours or so. A continental breakfast was included in the cost, which was nice.

The pros: inexpensive; refrigerator in room; nice area for continental breakfast.

The cons: the carpet was old and seemed dirty, the room was overall dingy, and all rooms open to the outside.

The key entry system was a bit strange to us---you simply tap your key to the door and it unlocks. No one explained this to us and it took a couple minutes to figure it out. I made my toddler wear shoes with her pajamas because the floor looked so dirty. Also, I was a little put off that someone's yogurt was left in the refrigerator in our room.

For our purposes, this hotel was adequate, but you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelingFromOhio
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Your feedback is most helpful. Please except our apologies for the inconvience you had as a guest at Ramada. We hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you in the futrue.
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed overnight on way home from trip with husband- Labor Day weekend so it was tough to find a non-smoking non-pet, affordable room. With rooms at a premium, we
paid a little more than value, but we had a clean room, super comfy beds, and a great shower.
There was no breakfast when we left at 9AM- they appeared to be setting up for a banquet or something.
At check-in, late night, we were given hasty, incomplete directions to our room, and no instruction on the new key system. As the outdoor entries to the rooms are very poorly lit, we were blessed to have some other guests walk right over and help us out.
Pros: clean, nice beds, fluffy pillows, good shower.
Cons: slightly overpriced, outdated decor, less than helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for any and all inconviences that you had at Ramada. We assure that the issues have been looked into. Our hope is that you will allow us the oppurtunity to serve you agin in the future.