All reviews front desk marriott hotels salt water pool small indoor pool next morning myrtle beach excellent stay hot tub room was clean hilton head great stop south carolina quick stop staff was friendly bagels stayed one night long trip
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We usually stop at Wytheville during our frequent trips from Ohio to South Carolina and beyond. It is a great place to gas up and grab a bite. This trip, we got a late start, so we decided to spend the night. We usually stop at Fairfield Inns as we travel, and this one was very good. Clean, nice rooms, great staff, and good breakfast. The bed was a little softer than we prefer, but it was comfortable and the room was quiet despite at least one tour bus group staying there too. I did notice that the pool looked a little green, so we didn't use it. Otherwise, a great stop!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Deborah W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for posting. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This is an older hotel but well kept. The beds were a little soft but comfortable. Staff were all very friendly, the breakfast was good and well stocked. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. My complaint is the lack of outlets in the room. It would be great to have a charging port on the lamp next to the beds. The outlet was behind the bed, not easily accessible. Otherwise it was a good stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Deborah W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hello and thank you for posting. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the compliment to the staff; I agree they are most helpful and friendly. Your note about the outlets is a good one; we will look into this.

Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Hilton Head for a much needed rest. Wow, is all I can say. Our late check in was crazy efficient, room was perfect - clean - and conveniently located by I-77. We took advantage of their breakfast the next morning and most were satisfied. Some in the group complained about the taste of the eggs but everything else was spot on. Without hesitation I will incorporate this location into our stopover travel night when headed to the beach. This Fairfield rocks.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Deborah W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear jane2001, thank you for posting. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return. Take care

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My wife and I were originally scheduled to leave on a Thursday for a trip to Nashville from Richmond. Rather than leaving in the morning, and spending the full day driving, we made a last minute decision to leave the night before and layover.

Checking the roadmap and reviews on TA, I made a reservation at the Fairfield Inn, and made a call letting them know that I would be making a late arrival. We arrived just past midnight, and checked in without issue. The desk staff was friendly, cordial and had our room ready.

We found the room to our liking – clean, with a working AC and comfortable bed. The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Fare was made up of eggs, breakfast meats, cereals, fruits cereals, juices and coffee.
Marriotts are one of few hotel chains that we are comfortable booking on a regular basis. I have yet to have a bad experience, and this Fairfield Inn met all our expectations. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who requires lodging in the Wytheville area.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Deborah W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Frank P,

We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. Thank you for posting.We hope you will stop and see us again when your travels bring you to Wytheville, VA.

Regards,

Deborah

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Our trip north has taken to Wytheville and we selected Fairfield Inn to spend the night and a good choice it was. The rooms were very clean that left us with no wants for our stay, there were other choices but the Fairfield Inn more than served our needs. If in the area give this hotel a try.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello, thank you for taking time to post your review. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will return soon!

Regards,